+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieved AOR but still cant check status and name is wrong

pshree

Apr 10, 2024
Hi
Problem 1: I received my AOR on 4th April and till date I am unable to check my citizenship application status. When i enter my UCI and application # i get this error- "Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet. "

Problem 2: My name on AOR is wrong. In my application, I filled out correct, but forgot to save changes, and wrong name was sent to iRCC. I submitted a web from immediately after submitting my application, and still on AOR the name came out wrong. I have submitted a web form again requesting to correct the name. I am not sure what will they do. I have a feeling they will not correct it, even though supporting documents are attached with the application.

I have tried calling them, but they don't even connect you to a representative anymore.
Any help or suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.:)

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Re Problem 2, with caveat that I didn't experience the same problem: I think their workflow seems to be that, at AOR, they do a completeness check and that's it. Some time later, when background check initiates, they take care of things like name change, etc. I indicated in my submission that I had a legal name change. The AOR was in my old name. I could see on GCMS notes that they only updated my name in their system when background check happened. Then the test invite and everything else after that were in my new name. What I'm trying to say is, maybe give it a bit more time to see if they sort it out on their end. I imagine if they spot the issue and require anything additional, they would contact you; at least hopefully.