+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recently laid off and in express entry pool

prakashperam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Hello,
I have recently entered to express entry pool as I have completed 1 year with canadian employer. I did not get the ITA yet. However, I have been recently laid off from the current employer and actively seeking jobs. If I get ITA before I find employment, will there be any problem? Also, do i need to update my express entry profile with the latest changes?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I have recently entered to express entry pool as I have completed 1 year with canadian employer. I did not get the ITA yet. However, I have been recently laid off from the current employer and actively seeking jobs. If I get ITA before I find employment, will there be any problem? Also, do i need to update my express entry profile with the latest changes?
No issue. No need to update.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hello,
No You should be fine unless you claim points for the job you no longer have. If it is just your CEC experience for EE, then no need to do anything, just find a new job at the appropriate TEER.

prakashperam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
The previous IRCC account was suspended and I did create a new profile. I have since then created the profile with the end date of the previous job which I have 1+ YOE.