+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recently Got Refused under Cec need an Immigration Lawyer

Alisha786

Jun 19, 2019
I recently got rejected for express entry under cec because I ofcource chose the wrong NOC. Can anyone suggest good immigration lawyers in Toronto I could contact that will not be very expensive. I have lost the confidence in myself to apply on my own now.

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
I recently got rejected for express entry under cec because I ofcource chose the wrong NOC. Can anyone suggest good immigration lawyers in Toronto I could contact that will not be very expensive. I have lost the confidence in myself to apply on my own now.
HI, what are your details?

Reactions: Mamun ahmed

Alisha786

Jun 19, 2019
I am on PGWP that expires in August next year. I had received my AOR December 13, 2018 and was rejected June 13, 2019. The reason for my rejection was as below

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· temporary resident status during the qualifying period of work experience in Canada,

· meeting the minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French, and

· qualifying Canadian skilled work experience.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: August 2017 until application date: Engineer-in-Training under NOC 2131. I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement for the following reasons: In support of your work experience with Company, you provided a letter that described your duties performed that do not accurately reflect the duties as outlined in NOC 2131 of the 2016 National Occupational Classification matrix for an Engineer-in-Training, NOC 2131 is specifically for "Civil Engineers". From the information provided, I am not satisfied that you performed the duties under NOC 2131 (Civil Engineers) as declared in your express entry profile. Therefore, your Canadian work experience has been rejected. For this reasons, I am not satisfied that you have completed at least one year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) work in a NOC 0, A or B occupation in Canada within the three years preceding your application date as required under section 87.1(2) of the Regulations. Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

The thing is I was worried about this even when I was applying. . When I had initially applied I was confused between to NOC codes that closely matched to what I do and since I was applying on my own I relied on what I read online and selected from the two which ended up being the wrong choice. I just would like to know how I can proceed from this and What would be the most helpful solution for me. I do not have a fortune to pay to an immigration lawyer but I also do not wanted to get kicked out of the country.
I hope you guys can provide some useful contacts or solutions

Muhammad_khurram

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I am on PGWP that expires in August next year. I had received my AOR December 13, 2018 and was rejected June 13, 2019. The reason for my rejection was as below

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· temporary resident status during the qualifying period of work experience in Canada,

· meeting the minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French, and

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: August 2017 until application date: Engineer-in-Training under NOC 2131. I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement for the following reasons: In support of your work experience with Company, you provided a letter that described your duties performed that do not accurately reflect the duties as outlined in NOC 2131 of the 2016 National Occupational Classification matrix for an Engineer-in-Training, NOC 2131 is specifically for "Civil Engineers". From the information provided, I am not satisfied that you performed the duties under NOC 2131 (Civil Engineers) as declared in your express entry profile. Therefore, your Canadian work experience has been rejected. For this reasons, I am not satisfied that you have completed at least one year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) work in a NOC 0, A or B occupation in Canada within the three years preceding your application date as required under section 87.1(2) of the Regulations. Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

The thing is I was worried about this even when I was applying. . When I had initially applied I was confused between to NOC codes that closely matched to what I do and since I was applying on my own I relied on what I read online and selected from the two which ended up being the wrong choice. I just would like to know how I can proceed from this and What would be the most helpful solution for me. I do not have a fortune to pay to an immigration lawyer but I also do not wanted to get kicked out of the country.
You need a better consultation but it has to be in Toronto?

Muhammad_khurram

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think it doesn't matter, but lawyer has to be strong and reputable, i know one in b.c he is credible according to me. I am already in Ontario

Mamun ahmed

Apr 25, 2019
Malaysia, KualaLumpur,
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Agency office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11/12/2017
Doc's Request.
01/12/2017
Nomination.....
11/12/2017
AOR Received.
11/12/2017
IELTS Request
09/12/2017
File Transfer...
18/07/2019
Med's Request
11/07/2019
Med's Done....
18/07/2019
Interview........
15/07/2019
Passport Req..
7/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/2017
LANDED..........
00/00/00/
I am applicant for Canada work permit neede, and i have Experience of industrial electrician 8 years present now , plea

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
I am wondering, since december 2018 until june 2019 while your application being processed, didnt you order a GCMS note to get more details about your eligibility? Even didnt you call IRCC at least to make sure your application is in the safe side? Would like to hear you back. Regarding having a lawyer, it could help by choosing you your right NOC, however, from your detailed message i realised that you are an electric engineer while your NOC was for civil engineer?!

You need to apply again and select the right NOC!

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019

Sorry to hear this news. Can you please post your reference letter here if possible ? Next thing , Immigration consultants also are always not sure with exact NOC. All you have to do is provide letter to them and they will just apply for you. You are engineer. You should research looking your job responsibilities to the one posted in ESDC.

Last edited:

Mamun ahmed

Apr 25, 2019
Malaysia, KualaLumpur,
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Agency office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11/12/2017
Doc's Request.
01/12/2017
Nomination.....
11/12/2017
AOR Received.
11/12/2017
IELTS Request
09/12/2017
File Transfer...
18/07/2019
Med's Request
11/07/2019
Med's Done....
18/07/2019
Interview........
15/07/2019
Passport Req..
7/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/2017
LANDED..........
00/00/00/
I am applicant for Canada work permit neede, and i have Experience of industrial electrician 8 years present now , please contract to me this is my WhatsApp number 0060167692717

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Battista Smith Migration Law Group ( Pablo Irribarra ).

Address: 160 Bloor St E Suite 1000, Toronto, ON M4W 1B9

Hours:
Thursday 8a.m.–5p.m.
Friday 8a.m.–5p.m.
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
Monday 8a.m.–5p.m.
Tuesday 8a.m.–5p.m.
Wednesday 8a.m.–5p.m.

Phone: (416) 203-2899

Alisha786

Jun 19, 2019
I am wondering, since december 2018 until june 2019 while your application being processed, didnt you order a GCMS note to get more details about your eligibility? Even didnt you call IRCC at least to make sure your application is in the safe side? Would like to hear you back. Regarding having a lawyer, it could help by choosing you your right NOC, however, from your detailed message i realised that you are an electric engineer while your NOC was for civil engineer?!

You need to apply again and select the right NOC!

I assumed thats the normal processing time that is why i stupidly didnt ask or inquire. I thought I've spent over 6 years going to college for civil engineering technology and then University for a degree in civil they can't be that in considerate. I worker as an Engineer in training in a Geotechnical company not an electrical engineer. The hr said the reference letter he provided is the reference letter he has given to other employees who applied for this and they got their pr. Only issue is I chose wrong noc. Should have stuck to a junior level.

Alisha786

Jun 19, 2019
Sorry to hear this news. Can you please post your reference letter here if possible ? Next thing , Immigration consultants also are always not sure with exact NOC. All you have to do is provide letter to them and they will just apply for you. You are engineer. You should research looking your job responsibilities to the one posted in ESDC.
I think I prooved that I am not a smart engineer. Here is the letter i was provided by my company.

As Engineer-In-Training, -. performs the duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager under the mentorship of senior/professional engineers. -. Is currently responsible for carrying out geotechnical inspection, surveying and investigation projects for residential, commercial and municipal development undertakings. Major duties include preparation of technical proposals, field investigation and borehole drilling supervision, foundation work design, field data and material samples analysis and interpretation, slope stability analysis, retaining walls design, client communication and preparation of final technical reports.

- is expected to become a full-fledged Project Manager in the near future.

Last edited:

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
I assumed thats the normal processing time that is why i stupidly didnt ask or inquire. I thought I've spent over 6 years going to college for civil engineering technology and then University for a degree in civil they can't be that in considerate. I worker as an Engineer in training in a Geotechnical company not an electrical engineer. The hr said the reference letter he provided is the reference letter he has given to other employees who applied for this and they got their pr. Only issue is I chose wrong noc. Should have stuck to a junior level.
You have what you have now. Get yourself up, apply for new application, and use this forum to find people in your field to prepare an excellent reference letter and choose the accurate NOC. as long as this was the only issue then you have nothing more to worry. Good luck.

Reactions: shaizeik

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, the job description is a better match with NOC 2231...