+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recently Arrived in Canada with Closed Work Permit (Wife has SOWP) and a 2 year old Kid (Visitor Visa)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congrats. Im in the same boat. However my company requested me to file visitor visa for my wife.. I wanted to know if I can file open work visa for my wife when the visitor Visa is ongoing
You should apply for the SOWP because TRV is not the proper visa unless she only wants to visit temporarily. Even if a partner doesn’t want to work and OWP is the proper permit if a spouse wants to remain living with their partner in Canada.

Reactions: rohanp141

rohanp141

Nov 11, 2020
You should apply for the SOWP because TRV is not the proper visa unless she only wants to visit temporarily. Even if a partner doesn’t want to work and OWP is the proper permit if a spouse wants to remain living with their partner in Canada.
Okay sounds good. My employer informed me that I need atleast two paystub to initiate open work permit for my wife. Is that true? If not, i will initiate the open work visa for my wife immediately

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay sounds good. My employer informed me that I need atleast two paystub to initiate open work permit for my wife. Is that true? If not, i will initiate the open work visa for my wife immediately
No 3 pay stubs are only required if you have a PGWP. You will need to show that you have a job in NOC 0, A or B.

slurrrrr

Feb 15, 2021
Hello, may I ask how long can your kid stay in Canada with the visitor visa? Cause I'm applying for OWP ( 3 years) but my child's visitor visa is only 6 months. I am wondering what should I do with the discrepancy. Thank you.

Ripal5756

Feb 23, 2021
Hello congrates..
My file is same as your. So I want to know that how can I get authorization letter from cic ?? Any format ?? Please send me.

rohanp141

Nov 11, 2020
Hello, I applied for Open work permit for my spouse via online link. However, I noticed now, that only the last document is uploaded, when I had applied for multiple docs. Looks like its a bug. I want to upload more docs, as the ones I uploaded are not enough to justify that I have work. I raised webform to open the channel so that I can upload more files.. can anyone help here? How to contact ircc and upload the additional docs

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Were you able to open bank account while you guys were in quarantine. If yes can you help with info over it?

Based on my experience, you can submit the application online but you need to go to Bank to activate the account.

Because you will not get your SIN during your quarantine, so you need SIN also for the bank account.
So schedule your SIN appointment first then submit your information for bank and walk into bank once you got your SIN..