Aug 9, 2019
I got third time lucky Alhamdulillah

My first attempt 27/07/2019 BC PBT:
L: 9 R: 9 W: 6.5 S: 8 O: 8

2nd attempt 28/09/2019 BC PBT:
L: 9 R: 9 W: 6.5 S: 7.5 O: 8

3rd attempt /09/2019 IDP CBT:
L: 9 R: 9 W: 7 S: 7.5 O: 8

Please don't lose hope and work on your weaknesses. You too will be able to get your desired scores In Sha Allah

Ankurpno

May 11, 2019
I gave CD IELTS yesterday through IDP. In how many days should i expect the result. The website says 5-7 days but i want to know from a candidate who appeared for it. Is it 5 or 6 or 7 days in general?

chandigarh

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Thanks, I got mine. LRSW 9,8.5,7,6.5
After how many days did you get your TRF posted?
I want to apply for EOR, so need TRF copy, online copy is not valid
They will post TRF online.... you can view it in the candidate login itself after 2 days.... keep on checking though!!!

Ankurpno

May 11, 2019
They will post TRF online.... you can view it in the candidate login itself after 2 days.... keep on checking though!!!
I got mine online though. I need paper based trf so that I can scan it and apply for EOR. Will they ship it after 13 days only?

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Just got my score. First attempt in Portland, Oregon on July 25, 2020.

Listening: 9
Reading: 9
Writing: 7
Speaking: 8.5
Overall: 8.5

I messed up in writing task 1 and erased the end of a sentence to rephrase it and the time ran out. I'm certain that cost me a lot. I'll be applying for a writing remark. I need 7.5 to get the maximum CRS score, so I hope it goes up to a 7.5.

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Just got my score. First attempt in Portland, Oregon on July 25, 2020.

Listening: 9
Reading: 9
Writing: 7
Speaking: 8.5
Overall: 8.5

I messed up in writing task 1 and erased the end of a sentence to rephrase it and the time ran out. I'm certain that cost me a lot. I'll be applying for a writing remark. I need 7.5 to get the maximum CRS score, so I hope it goes up to a 7.5.
Can you please give me tips for speaking , I am stuck on 6.5

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Can you please give me tips for speaking , I am stuck on 6.5

I don't know where you're from, but I've been living in the US for 8 years now, so I have an American accent and the speaking exam was just another conversation for me, even though the 3rd part of the exam dealt with some philosophical topics. Here are the questions I was asked:

Part 1:
What is your full name?
Are you studying or working?
What do you like about where you work?
Is science important?
Should science be taught in primary schools?
Were you taught science in primary school?
How do you use science in your everyday life?

Part 2:
Prompt was 'Describe a time when the weather caused you to change plans. What was your original plan? What did you do instead? How did having to change your plan make you feel?'
I made up a story about how heavy snowfall caused me to cancel my plans to attend a New Year's party at my local bar. Here I just incorporated the fact that I live in Wisconsin and it gets a ton of snow into the story, And then made up something about how I spent the night instead.

Part 3:
Since the prompt was about weather, the 3rd part questions were an related to weather.
Is predicting the weather difficult?
How do people get their weather information today?
Do you thing this accessibility of weather is causing more people to be interested in the weather?
Do you think humans play a part in climate change?
What do you think humans should do to address it?
What should individuals do?
What can governments do?
Do you think the recent pandemic will cause governments to divert money set aside for climate initiatives to dealing with the pandemic?

For fluency, it helps if you speak and think in English. Once you get used to that, your mind will be making up your responses and thoughts in English so no 'translation' is required, and speaking it constantly causes you to become comfortable with voicing out your thoughts. That's how I was taught English as a child.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have attempted three (3) IELTS general computer delivered exams in Ontario, Canada. I need 8777 bands. I have received the results as follows:

1.) L: 8.5, R: 6.5, W: 6.5, S: 8
2.) L: 8.5, R: 7, W: 6.5, S: 7.5
3.) L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7, S: 6.5

Should i go for revaluation of speaking section in the third exam?