+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent graduate from the UK wanting to move to Quebec

Aaron_Perks

Jun 17, 2014
Hello everyone!

So my question is basically this, i've just finished my degree (French & Business Management) in the UK and I am wanting to move to Quebec pretty soon. I have done the preliminary evaluation test online and it has said that I meet the requirements to enter but I have lots of other questions which are as follows..

As I have a BA in French & Business management would I still need to take the French proficiency tests, are they necessary?

How much money would you recommend to take initially? I know you'll say more money the better but I am wanting a rough figure, not including flights.

How much should I be expecting to pay for rent and bills per month? I am wanting to move to Montreal as it seems like an amazing place to experience Quebecois life. I found that there is a national moving day in July, is this a thing and would it be recommend to look for an apartment during this time?

Also finding a job is a priority for me and I have scoured websites online and have been unable to find any websites are job websites. Would you recommend either looking for a job before online and applying or applying in Montreal when I arrive there (hopefully)?

If anyone has recently emigrated from the UK to Quebec please don't hesitate to contact me as I will most likely bombard you with more questions.

Responses in English and French are welcomed, thanks in future for you help and advice!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
On what basis are you going to Canada? It's not clear from your post. Obviously you can't be just going as a visitor and expect to get a job...