+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent applicant help needed to check payment receipt.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
So I paid my fees online ($1040 family class sponsorship) using my partners credit card. The transaction went through as approved on CIC website, got a receipt etc.

Next morning on way to sending (literally sitting checking it for last time in the car en route to purolator!) and I do one last check and see that the expiry date for his credit card on receipt says 2011.

The card expires 11/20. So did I put the date backwards in a moment of insanity/craziness (this isn't the kind of thing I would do!) or did they reverse the date and all is fine?

We called CIC (36 minute wait thank you very much!) to try and confirm the payment..they won't confirm it. Say they can't see payments. They said that if i got a receipt all is fine (which i am not taking as true). I am certainly not putting a receipt that may be invalid in my application to risk having it returned.

Called Royal Bank and they say that they can't see anything on it. It shows on partners credit card as a pending transaction but its just not fully through as the merchant will have to process it.

Can someone who has recently submitted do me a HUGE favour and check their payment receipt and reference it to their credit card for me? Do they reverse the date from MMYY on the payment page to YYMM on the receipt?

Did I royally mess up or are CIC just messing with my head! Am I going to have to pay again and request a refund for the payment I've already done, just for peace of mind?!

Thaaaaaaank you!

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Youre all good. Our expiry date on the receipt says 1908 (card expires August 2019) , its just the way they show it on the receipt. Payment went through fine and got AOR etc, so you have nothing to worry about. Im sure if you listed the wrong date on the payment page the card would be rejected.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Youre all good. Our expiry date on the receipt says 1908 (card expires August 2019) , its just the way they show it on the receipt. Payment went through fine and got AOR etc, so you have nothing to worry about. Im sure if you listed the wrong date on the payment page the card would be rejected.
oldmcwright i could kiss you/buy you a beer/squeeze you! Thank you so much for checking this for me.

You gotta love CIC and their ability to make you lose your s!*t at the slightest thing! I did think it would have been rejected but it wasn't a drop down select a date, it was an input your numbers game and just thought it was odd that it switched.

Im off to Purolator!

Thank you. Again. :)

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
oldmcwright i could kiss you/buy you a beer/squeeze you! Thank you so much for checking this for me.

You gotta love CIC and their ability to make you lose your s!*t at the slightest thing! I did think it would have been rejected but it wasn't a drop down select a date, it was an input your numbers game and just thought it was odd that it switched.

Im off to Purolator!

Thank you. Again. :)
Haha for sure they create paranoia that something is wrong! Odd to list the year first, dont think have ever seen that before! Glad we never noticed the date being like that on the receipt till we checked after you said.

Looks like latest AORs are taking 8 weeks so once mailed (and made sure its been delivered), you can sit back and relax as nothing else you can do (assuming you all ready have applied for the PCC) till probably around Christmas before you hear back.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Haha for sure they create paranoia that something is wrong! Odd to list the year first, dont think have ever seen that before! Never noticed the date being like that on the receipt till we checked after you said.

Looks like latest AORs are taking 8 weeks so once mailed (and made sure its been delivered), you can sit back and relax as nothing else you can do till probably around Christmas before you hear back.
Are you sure you meant to type "relax" ?! :D

Restoration of status app next for me now that the PR app will be posted!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Oh yeh:eek:, that should be pretty straight forward now you have the PR app going in. Did you go inland or outland in the end?
I not sure straight forward is something im used to but hopefully! I went outland.