+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

receiving permanent visa

micah27andrea

Aug 5, 2011
hi, we applied PR outside canada (spain)... then our visa is about to receive because my husband already receive his PR in canada and they told him that they will email the embassy of france ( where our visa need to process) to give us a PR visa so that we can travel to canada. our problem is, we already here in canada (me and my 1 yr old daughter), do we need to go back in spain to get the visa, or can we receive here in canada so that we dont need to go back in spain.
thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to mail your passport to the embassy in France to get the visa put in it. Give them your address in Canada so they can mail it back to you. You can then land as a PR by going to the US and coming back.

micah27andrea

Aug 5, 2011
Leon said:
You need to mail your passport to the embassy in France to get the visa put in it. Give them your address in Canada so they can mail it back to you. You can then land as a PR by going to the US and coming back.

thank you Leon!

micah27andrea

Aug 5, 2011
Leon said:

hi leon... we already have a confirmation of PR, the cic told us that since we are here in canada we need to cross the border of US and Canada. i want to ask a question about going to the US and coming back here in canada. what are the things do we need to cross the borders? im travelling only with my daughter (19 months old) and we both spanish citizen... im confused about the what they say "waiver for the european citizen when crossing the border of US". thanks in advance!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
If you cross into the US you will have to complete the visa waiver and pay the fee $14 each I think.

However it is possible to 'land' in Canada without actually crossing into the US. This is called flagpoling. When you arrive at the US side, explain you want to land in canada and they will refuse you entry to America. This will not effect future visits to the US.

Alternatively, you can arrange a landing appointment at your local office. It can take 2-3 weeks to get an appointment.

Good luck, and congrats on your PR!

micah27andrea

Aug 5, 2011
pinklady said:
If you cross into the US you will have to complete the visa waiver and pay the fee $14 each I think.

However it is possible to 'land' in Canada without actually crossing into the US. This is called flagpoling. When you arrive at the US side, explain you want to land in canada and they will refuse you entry to America. This will not effect future visits to the US.

Alternatively, you can arrange a landing appointment at your local office. It can take 2-3 weeks to get an appointment.

Good luck, and congrats on your PR!
thanks pinklady! where can i complete the visa waiver and pay the fee $14? can we pay on the border? ori need to do it online?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
You do it all when you arrive at the US immigration.
Good luck!