+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RECEIVING FORMS WITH OATH INVITE

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys if anyone could help.. did any one ever receive the permission release and consents form and prohibitions under the citizenship act form to sign and send back with your oath invitation?? Is that normal ?? A friend of mine got his oath letter with those forms and he asked me if that was normal but i don't know so i thought of sharing it and see what the group members say :).. Thanks in advance

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
I don't understand the send back idea, what you mean by that? I received those forms but am asked to take them with me on the day of oath. Never knew that you have to send them back, doesn't make sense. Ask your friend to read the letter carefully or maybe I am missing something.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok he said he received a note with the letter saying and I quote,

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS - in BOLD/UPPERCASE LETTER

Please read and follow carefully the instructions below.

"Permission release and consents"

"Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act"

Return (the forms once completed) immediately visa regular mail to confirm your attendance at the Citizenship Ceremony to:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

XXXX Street
XXX, XXX, XXX

PS.. Thanks for your reply btw

drunkhead said:
I don't understand the send back idea, what you mean by that? I received those forms but am asked to take them with me on the day of oath. Never knew that you have to send them back, doesn't make sense. Ask your friend to read the letter carefully or maybe I am missing something.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isn't that weird because i thought that too but i don't want to provide him with false information

thuychung111 said:
i received this 2 forms too, but i can't find any page requires to return to CIC.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just had my oath today, please dont confuse your friend and forum members, dont need to send anything, just take the oath invitation and the other forms with u to the oath ceremony.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok people called CIC today, yes he has to send it to CIC local office they just want to make sure that he is here and not outside of Canada.. Percussion I guess, CIC agent told him also some local offices specially the rural areas as soon as people apply for citizenship they leave come back for oath and leave again.. so the local office wants to make sure that you're here and once you send it back they will have it in their records (confirm) that yes you're not absent and you don't claim to be anything you're not :).. kind of explains why no one got that note.. Thanks

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m22ij said:
Ok people called CIC today, yes he has to send it to CIC local office they just want to make sure that he is here and not outside of Canada.. Percussion I guess, CIC agent told him also some local offices specially the rural areas as soon as people apply for citizenship they leave come back for oath and leave again.. so the local office wants to make sure that you're here and once you send it back they will have it in their records (confirm) that yes you're not absent and you don't claim to be anything you're not :).. kind of explains why no one got that note.. Thanks
That makes sense

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m22ij said:
unfortunaitly its not true.....there are two form with oath invitation ,he spose to give them back with his singnatures, on the day wich is oath day ,he has not send it to them by mail.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No he did, and he didnt even mail them back he went to the CIC office to drop them off and they took it believe it or not.. he was lucky to actually find someone to begin with.. I myself tried to go there once and couldn't pass those secured doors. also, he kept in touch with the people who took the test with him, and they all confirmed the same exact thing.. they had to mail it which is weird but i mean every group is different. Another friend of mine never signed the press release consent form, just the other one and some didnt even sign anything because they took their oath before May 28th, 2015..

love bird 43 said:
unfortunaitly its not true.....there are two form with oath invitation ,he spose to give them back with his singnatures, on the day wich is oath day ,he has not send it to them by mail.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m22ij said:
No he did, and he didnt even mail them back he went to the CIC office to drop them off and they took it believe it or not.. he was lucky to actually find someone to begin with.. I myself tried to go there once and couldn't pass those secured doors. also, he kept in touch with the people who took the test with him, and they all confirmed the same exact thing.. they had to mail it which is weird but i mean every group is different. Another friend of mine never signed the press release consent form, just the other one and some didnt even sign anything because they took their oath before May 28th, 2015..
you have to take your friends understanding of the contents of the letter received with a pinch of salt considering the fact that even to get some advice from the forum he couldnt put up the post himself but had to get you to do it.

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
m22ij said:
in which citizenship office his application being processed ?

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually volunteered to do it since i believe asking people who went through it could be rather accurate than to ask a cic agent whom they don't know half of the time what they are talking about.. he called CIC next day and got his answer which was in his favour of course,, if it was about anonymously or being anonymous everyone here is not known, but believe me when I say that i wanted to help him and also to see if it had happen before it could have, you never know.. at least we know now that every group is being treated differently. We all want to be canadians thats why we are in this country.. so to sign and send a consent or to keep it till the oath ceremony it doesnt matter as long as you become canadian at the end of the day and be proudly canadian. that all it matters :)

longwaitwithrq said:
you have to take your friends understanding of the contents of the letter received with a pinch of salt considering the fact that even to get some advice from the forum he couldnt put up the post himself but had to get you to do it.