+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving eCOPR while abroad

MartaR

Sep 7, 2021
Hello! I have been waiting for my eCOPR for a over a month now and I have a trip abroad planned this week. My question is: can I get into trouble if I receive the COPR while abroad? I am worried I might not get the PR travel document because of this. Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello! I have been waiting for my eCOPR for a over a month now and I have a trip abroad planned this week. My question is: can I get into trouble if I receive the COPR while abroad? I am worried I might not get the PR travel document because of this. Thank you!
You are required to update your address if going abroad. They now verify whether you are in Canada before offering virtual landing although I have still seen a few cases slip through. Initially IRCC trusted that everyone was in Canada if their file said they were in Canada and accidentally allowed many to do virtual landings while being outside Canada. Some people got stuck abroad for months because they needed a PRTD to travel back to Canada and processing was either slow or completed closed due to covid.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi - did you receive your ecopr while you are away?