+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving COPR for CEC Inland Application While being Outside Canada

jott93

Aug 20, 2021
@legalfalcon I apologize if this question was already made in the forum but I couldn't find it.

My spouse and I applied for inland PR via Quebec Skilled Workers in Sept 2020 and we're still waiting for the AOR.
Accordingly to the current processing times, it looks like we can expect the AOR to arrive around October 2021. Seems like they are requiring Medical Exams and Biometrics to be provided shortly after AOR - so I'm assuming at the end of October/November 2021.
Our issue is: we need to travel to Brazil in October 2021 and plan to return only in January 2022. We have valid Work/Study Permits and eTAs that will not expire before our return.

My question: are we able to provide both Biometrics (in a VAC in Brazil) and Medical Exam (with a certified doctor in Brazil) in Brazil without transferring our file to the VAC there? Would that have any impact on our application?
We're not changing our country of residence, just going to spend a couple of months there for family matters.

I believe my second question was already answered in another thread: looks like if the COPR is issued while we're abroad we should be able to inform IRCC to get it revoked and receive it when landing back in Canada?

Thank you very much for all the knowledge sharing here, it has been very helpful!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I apologize if this question was already made in the forum but I couldn't find it.

My spouse and I applied for inland PR via Quebec Skilled Workers in Sept 2020 and we're still waiting for the AOR.
Accordingly to the current processing times, it looks like we can expect the AOR to arrive around October 2021. Seems like they are requiring Medical Exams and Biometrics to be provided shortly after AOR - so I'm assuming at the end of October/November 2021.
Our issue is: we need to travel to Brazil in October 2021 and plan to return only in January 2022. We have valid Work/Study Permits and eTAs that will not expire before our return.

My question: are we able to provide both Biometrics (in a VAC in Brazil) and Medical Exam (with a certified doctor in Brazil) in Brazil without transferring our file to the VAC there? Would that have any impact on our application?
We're not changing our country of residence, just going to spend a couple of months there for family matters.

I believe my second question was already answered in another thread: looks like if the COPR is issued while we're abroad we should be able to inform IRCC to get it revoked and receive it when landing back in Canada?

Thank you very much for all the knowledge sharing here, it has been very helpful!
You can provide biometrics in any country, it doe not matter. Just check the local procedure, i.e. whether you need an appointment etc.

The same with your medicals, you can schedule your medicals with any panel physician in any country.

Gurk04

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
@legalfalcon

My work permit expired in june this year while i had filed for an extension under pgwp public policy. This extension got refused and i filed for restoration of status. I applied for cec in august and got approved this month. The situation is ircc wont issue a copr without a valid status and i am yet to get a decision on the restoration application. I have one dependent. What are my options to get copr fasrer? Can i leave canada and tell ircc and then they would issue me the copr while i am outland? Would it have any impact on the pr approval? Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

My work permit expired in june this year while i had filed for an extension under pgwp public policy. This extension got refused and i filed for restoration of status. I applied for cec in august and got approved this month. The situation is ircc wont issue a copr without a valid status and i am yet to get a decision on the restoration application. I have one dependent. What are my options to get copr fasrer? Can i leave canada and tell ircc and then they would issue me the copr while i am outland? Would it have any impact on the pr approval? Thanks.

There. is no way to expedite the process. You can leave Canada, it will have no impact on the processing of your PR application. However, if you change your country of residence, make sure that you update your new address with IRCC.

All temporary residents have an automatically imposed condition that they must leave Canada at the end of their authorized period of stay. However, as per section R181, a temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have legal status as a temporary resident during the processing period.

Reactions: Gurk04

Gurk04

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
There. is no way to expedite the process. You can leave Canada, it will have no impact on the processing of your PR application. However, if you change your country of residence, make sure that you update your new address with IRCC.

All temporary residents have an automatically imposed condition that they must leave Canada at the end of their authorized period of stay. However, as per section R181, a temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have legal status as a temporary resident during the processing period.
Thank you @legalfalcon

However if our restoration is refused and then we leave the country would it make ircc refuse our pr as well?

Please advise.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon

However if our restoration is refused and then we leave the country would it make ircc refuse our pr as well?

Please advise.
No, each application will be processed on its own merits. IF one application is refused since it does not meet the eligibility, it does not mean that it will impact other applications as well.

Gurk04

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
No, each application will be processed on its own merits. IF one application is refused since it does not meet the eligibility, it does not mean that it will impact other applications as well.
Thank you @legalfalcon

Last question on this, if i feel that the restoration has been applied in the wrong category i.e for someone who cant be restored as a worker and applied to restore as a worker and its over 90 days from the date the temporary residence status expired, can that be rectified through webform? if yes, how through submitting a new application form and new fees?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon

Last question on this, if i feel that the restoration has been applied in the wrong category i.e for someone who cant be restored as a worker and applied to restore as a worker and its over 90 days from the date the temporary residence status expired, can that be rectified through webform? if yes, how through submitting a new application form and new fees?

Thanks

Webforms are a way to communicate with IRCC. However, after an application is submitted, sending and requesting any changes or amendments to it is at the discretion of the visa officer. You can surely try and submit additional documents or request a specific change.

farhadfaghihi

Aug 10, 2021
hey guys! we have started a petition to ask IRCC to speed up processing https://chng.it/Mq46mff8Cv
Sign it and share it please.
reach out to your local congressmen, prime minister email, minister of IRCC office and make noise.
People did the exact same thing in New Zealand and it worked. sitting and waiting is not gonna cut it.

askingforhelp

Jan 18, 2020
Hi!

I tried to find an an answer for my question in the thread but could not, so wanted to ask about my situation.
I sent all my documents over for inland CEC in April 2021. Till today, there are only two updates:
1) My medical has been approved.
2) I have given my biometrics.
Due to a family emergency, I left Canada for almost two months but still working remotely and will be coming back, so it’s not exactly change in residency.
I have my visa and PGWP till 2023 but heard that if I receive an approval, all visas and permits will be cancelled.

Thus I’m wondering what are my options if I receive an approval for my CEC application while I’m outside of Canada temporarily?

Thank you very much in advance!

Gurk04

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Webforms are a way to communicate with IRCC. However, after an application is submitted, sending and requesting any changes or amendments to it is at the discretion of the visa officer. You can surely try and submit additional documents or request a specific change.

Hi @legalfalcon

Today i received this email with subject "a25 request"

"Dear Clients:

This refers to your application for permanent residence under the CEC-TFW which was recently approved.

It appears that some family members on this application are inadmissible due to overstay/non-compliance of temporary resident conditions.

By regulations, we cannot land or confirm PR status of an applicant if they are currently out-of-status inside Canada.

In order for us to continue with the landing process, we require additional information from you.

Please provide the following information and documents for each applicant noted above:

1. Proof of current immigration status

- Work permit or

- Study permit or

- Visitor record or

- Proof of submission of Temporary Resident application/Restoration and

- Most recent/last entry stamp on passport

2. Original entry date and place to Canada

3. Most recent entry date and place to Canada

4. Inform this office if you are inside or outside Canada

5. Current Country of Residence and Residential address

Thank you,"

What does this mean?

Thanks again for your help and time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Today i received this email with subject "a25 request"

"Dear Clients:

This refers to your application for permanent residence under the CEC-TFW which was recently approved.

It appears that some family members on this application are inadmissible due to overstay/non-compliance of temporary resident conditions.

By regulations, we cannot land or confirm PR status of an applicant if they are currently out-of-status inside Canada.

In order for us to continue with the landing process, we require additional information from you.

Please provide the following information and documents for each applicant noted above:

1. Proof of current immigration status

- Work permit or

- Study permit or

- Visitor record or

- Proof of submission of Temporary Resident application/Restoration and

- Most recent/last entry stamp on passport

2. Original entry date and place to Canada

3. Most recent entry date and place to Canada

4. Inform this office if you are inside or outside Canada

5. Current Country of Residence and Residential address

Thank you,"

What does this mean?

Thanks again for your help and time.
All individuals of a family listed in the application have to be admissible. IF any of them is inadmissible, then the entire family is inadmissible.

As per IRCC, you or the family members listed in your application may have overstayed their visa or be out of status and IRCC is asking you to confirm their status.

So send the information asked. IF you have overstayed your visa or are not in status, contact an immigration lawyer.

ujwalreddy1

Star Member
May 25, 2018
@legalfalcon

thanks for all your help answering questions.

In the current times I see there is a delay (1 hour to a few days) between the portal email to confirm presence all the way to issuing eCOPR

My situation: AOR JULY 22 , all pass except BCG which changed to processing yesterday and I anticipate receiving portal email soon. However I’m flying to India this Saturday (28 Nov) for a duration of 8 weeks.

Issue : What happens if I get a portal email while I’m in Canada and they issue me a COPR when I’m outside Canada , is that valid ? Because I was legit present in Canada when I received the portal email . Or am I missing something? What do you suggest .

thanks again for all your time

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

thanks for all your help answering questions.

In the current times I see there is a delay (1 hour to a few days) between the portal email to confirm presence all the way to issuing eCOPR

My situation: AOR JULY 22 , all pass except BCG which changed to processing yesterday and I anticipate receiving portal email soon. However I’m flying to India this Saturday (28 Nov) for a duration of 8 weeks.

Issue : What happens if I get a portal email while I’m in Canada and they issue me a COPR when I’m outside Canada , is that valid ? Because I was legit present in Canada when I received the portal email . Or am I missing something? What do you suggest .

thanks again for all your time
To reenter Canada you need a valid visa or a PR card. If you receive a COPR, when you are not in Canda, all existing visas are cancelled and you will have to then apply for a PRTD or ask someone to ship you the PR card.

ujwalreddy1

Star Member
May 25, 2018
To reenter Canada you need a valid visa or a PR card. If you receive a COPR, when you are not in Canda, all existing visas are cancelled and you will have to then apply for a PRTD or ask someone to ship you the PR card.
@legalfalcon

Yes I have plans to enter Canada via US with COPR.

However from your answer I assume It's safe and okay to get a eCOPR while I am not in Canada [Provided I am in Canada when I received the email to confirm my presence in Canada]