+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving a letter to submit supporting document

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Dear friends,
A friend of me and her sister applied for asylum in Jan 2020. In October My friend received a letter to submit her supporting document not later than October 20th 2019 and she did the same. Since she sent all her document there is no any news for her or for her sister who is still waiting.

Any one has the same experience as she is worry as she doesn’t know what will happen after and how long more she needs to wait for refugee board to contact her.

Also is it normal that her sister applied the same time and almost same case but didn’t hear from refugee board at all.

Thanks.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Dear friends,
A friend of me and her sister applied for asylum in Jan 2020. In October My friend received a letter to submit her supporting document not later than October 20th 2019 and she did the same. Since she sent all her document there is no any news for her or for her sister who is still waiting.

Any one has the same experience as she is worry as she doesn’t know what will happen after and how long more she needs to wait for refugee board to contact her.

Also is it normal that her sister applied the same time and almost same case but didn’t hear from refugee board at all.

Thanks.
Sorry... I mean in 20 th October 2020 she got the letter not 2019. Typing mistake.

titapet

Mar 29, 2020
Here’s an overview of my timeline

January 2019 - Case referred to the refugee board
May 2020 - Hearing date but cancelled as a result of COVID-19
Mid September 2020 - Considered for processing under the file review process without hearing
15 October 2020 - Submitted all docs to RPD for the file review process
5 November 2020 - Refugee claim accepted without hearing

Good luck

Sean jones

Dec 7, 2020

Mid September 2020 - Considered for processing under the file review process without hearing

Good luck
Congratulations for your victory ! If you don’t mind, may I know from which country you are? Are you from any of the countries consider for expedited process?

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019

Good luck
What did you do after results? What are the next steps after receiving result? I'm waiting for my results

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Where r you from I meant which country are you you from
You claim single or family
Where Are you submitted Your file
Please sare
I'm from Bangladesh. My claim is with my mother. I crossed the border in April 2019, selected for less complex claims in October 2020, sent my supporting documents in mid October 2020. Now waiting for the results. But husband is in bangladesh. So I wanted to know that what are the steps after getting results

Sean jones

Dec 7, 2020
I'm from Bangladesh. My claim is with my mother. I crossed the border in April 2019, selected for less complex claims in October 2020, sent my supporting documents in mid October 2020. Now waiting for the results. But husband is in bangladesh. So I wanted to know that what are the steps after getting results
After getting your letter of positive decision, first and foremost need to apply for PR and provincial health card. For your note, you can include your husband during your PR application. Also if you want to travel outside canada without your country of Birth, you should apply for RTD.

In case of negative decision, you need to apply for appeal at RAD within 15 days of getting your decision letter.
Hope this information helps for you!

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
After getting your letter of positive decision, first and foremost need to apply for PR and provincial health card. For your note, you can include your husband during your PR application. Also if you want to travel outside canada without your country of Birth, you should apply for RTD.

In case of negative decision, you need to apply for appeal at RAD within 15 days of getting your decision letter.
Hope this information helps for you!
Which is faster, with lawyer or without lawyer? Or both are same? Do you have any idea about when my husband can come if I apply for his PR with me?

Sean jones

Dec 7, 2020
Which is faster, with lawyer or without lawyer? Or both are same? Do you have any idea about when my husband can come if I apply for his PR with me?
Your lawyer doesn’t have anything to do make it faster for you technically. But she/he could be help you to make your pr application flawlessly which will eventually helps you to prevent any kind of delay because of your faults ( if you do).

But generally its very easy to apply for PR. Tons of videos and suggestions in internet to help your application. Also there are some local communities who helps peoples applications.

When your husband will come depends on your situations. Firstly your case has to accepted by IRB, then will apply for PR which takes more than a year. So even assuming everything goes smoothly, it will take a while.

Sean jones

Dec 7, 2020
By the way, did you hear anything from RPD after submission of your documents for file review process? Like short hearing/ full hearing dates?
Do you have any lawyer helping you in this case so far?

titapet

Mar 29, 2020
After my positive decision, I applied for PR and also Health card. Got my health card already but still waiting for Acknowledgement of Receipt of my PR application from IRCC.