+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received study permit approval but did not receive PPR

Deepali133

Jun 18, 2021
I am an international student who applied for the study permit from Dubai. I have received both my correspondence letter for biometrics as well as my study permit approval. However, I did not receive the request to submit my passport for visa stamping. I have also sent a webform to IRCC but no response yet. Anyone else facing the same issue or know how to go about this?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It says correspondence letter on the portal and it states that my application to study in Canada has been approved.
The letter that tells you your application has been approved should be your PPR? Can you post the content here (remove personal details)?

fishnchip92

Star Member
May 24, 2021
OP meant , correspondence letter that applicant receive stating the validity of biometrics and the status on GC account has changed to application approved but hasn't received the OPR yet.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
OP meant , correspondence letter that applicant receive stating the validity of biometrics and the status on GC account has changed to application approved but hasn't received the OPR yet.
How do you decipher these ambiguous posts ?? Is it a regional way of writing so you are already used to it? I'm impressed.
OP, you will get your PPR soon. IRCC seems to be holding off on sending approvals and decisions to applicants from certain countries due to the recent lockdown and closures.

• Haha
Reactions: aspirant256

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am an international student who applied for the study permit from Dubai. I have received both my correspondence letter for biometrics as well as my study permit approval. However, I did not receive the request to submit my passport for visa stamping. I have also sent a webform to IRCC but no response yet. Anyone else facing the same issue or know how to go about this?
When did you receive approval notification?

Deepali133

Jun 18, 2021
How do you decipher these ambiguous posts ?? Is it a regional way of writing so you are already used to it? I'm impressed.
OP, you will get your PPR soon. IRCC seems to be holding off on sending approvals and decisions to applicants from certain countries due to the recent lockdown and closures.
Oh is it? Could it be because I applied from Dubai but I'm currently stuck in India during the lockdown too? I'm assuming I just have to wait until they do then.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Oh is it? Could it be because I applied from Dubai but I'm currently stuck in India during the lockdown too? I'm assuming I just have to wait until they do then.
Are the VACs also closed in Dubai? I don't think IRCC would know you travelled to India unless you informed them. No worries, you will eventually get the PPR. Just rest in the fact that you have already been approved as indicated on your status :).

Reactions: Deepali133

Deepali133

Jun 18, 2021
Are the VACs also closed in Dubai? I don't think IRCC would know you travelled to India unless you informed them. No worries, you will eventually get the PPR. Just rest in the fact that you have already been approved as indicated on your status :).
No they are open in Dubai. Yea I just got worried because the PPR usually comes before the approval. But I guess I'll patiently wait. Thank you for you response :)

Alpha_X

Jun 7, 2021
No they are open in Dubai. Yea I just got worried because the PPR usually comes before the approval. But I guess I'll patiently wait. Thank you for you response :)
Can you share your profile/timeline? When did you apply? When did you complete your biometrics/medical? Thank you.

Deepali133

Jun 18, 2021
Can you share your profile/timeline? When did you apply? When did you complete your biometrics/medical? Thank you.
I applied on April 29th, submitted my biometrics on May 2nd and got my biometrics correspondence on June 9th. I didn't need a medical from Dubai.

bcfamily02

Jun 17, 2022
I am facing the same. What did you do?

bcfamily02

Jun 17, 2022
I also from Philippines. Did not receive a passport request but already received approval letter. What did you do?