+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received request for additional documents | Where to upload?

diodet

Feb 1, 2019
Hello experts,

Today I received the following message from IRCC -

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada:

We are unable to view the uploaded ‘Employment Records’ documents; they appear to be damaged.
In order to rectify this issue, please rescan the original document(s) and save scan(s) as a new document in an acceptable file format. The file formats you can upload are .tiff, .jpg, .png, .doc, .docx and .pdf. Other file formats cannot be uploaded.

Once the new file(s) have been created, please upload it to your application via MyCIC by 2020/01/31.

Please note:
The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected for being incomplete.
This is concerning/ confusing because before uploading them to the website, I verified the files on both native Mac apps and Adobe Acrobat Reader on a Windows machine. Nevertheless I'm planning to submit these documents again. I found this website upon searching the web on how to upload the requested documents

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1137&top=29

To upload a document:

1. Sign in to your account.
  2. Under “View the applications you submitted” click on “Check full application status.”
  3. Under “Details about your application status” click on “View submitted application.”
  4. On this page, you can upload the additional document the same way you uploaded the others when you first applied.
However as #4 says - I can't actually see where I can upload the additional document.

Is my best bet calling them and asking where to upload and/ or submitting a webform?

NAM2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hello experts,

Today I received the following message from IRCC -

This is concerning/ confusing because before uploading them to the website, I verified the files on both native Mac apps and Adobe Acrobat Reader on a Windows machine. Nevertheless I'm planning to submit these documents again. I found this website upon searching the web on how to upload the requested documents

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1137&top=29

However as #4 says - I can't actually see where I can upload the additional document.

Is my best bet calling them and asking where to upload and/ or submitting a webform?
Hello @diodet,

First be glad IRCC gives you a chance to provide replacement documentation.

When you are prompted to provide an ADR (Additional Documents Request) you need to enter your application as you did before submitting your eAPR. A new section is temporarily available to upload the document. You can refer to this link to see how to do it: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1310&top=23

IRCC uses Abode Reader, make sure the file can be opened by another computer.

Good luck with your application.

Reactions: diodet

diodet

Feb 1, 2019
Hello @diodet,

First be glad IRCC gives you a chance to provide replacement documentation.

When you are prompted to provide an ADR (Additional Documents Request) you need to enter your application as you did before submitting your eAPR. A new section is temporarily available to upload the document. You can refer to this link to see how to do it: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1310&top=23

IRCC uses Abode Reader, make sure the file can be opened by another computer.

Good luck with your application.
Hello Nam,

Thanks for your response. I'm very grateful they decided to request documents they couldn't open.

I read the page you've linked to.. step 5 says -

5. Scroll down the page and click Continue.
I can't see the "Continue" button on my application/ documents page.

NAM2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hello Nam,

Thanks for your response. I'm very grateful they decided to request documents they couldn't open.

I read the page you've linked to.. step 5 says -

I can't see the "Continue" button on my application/ documents page.
Please try to clear the cache and cookies of your browser and try again. You can also enter with another browser.

Wait a few hours, it may be a temporary glitch of the system.

Reactions: diodet