+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Ready for Visa

mdasadul

Feb 24, 2018
Hello,
I received Ready for Visa email yesterday and I am bit confued about whther i should submit my passport or not. I am Bangladeshi Passport holder and currently working in Canada with Post Graduate Workpermit. I am confused whether or not I should submit my origin passport or not.

As a Bangladeshi Passport holder I need visa to travel to Canada So I guess I need to submit my passport but I am in Canada and I might need to travel by air before getting PR so according to the last two lines below I have to sent photocopy of passport to get an ETA.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Here goes the requirement from CIC

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.

o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country prior to becoming a permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Applicants from visa-exempt countries do not need to submit Passports. Bangladesh is not visa-exempt so you need to submit Passport(s).