+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PR application approval email - need help with my pre-planned trip outside Canada

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
Hi all,

I received my PR application approval email on Feb 24, 2023. IRCC requires a response to this email in order to send me a PR Portal link and copr.

I have an open work permit that expires in Dec 2023.

I had planned a trip outside Canada with my family months ago and the dates are March 3-10, 2023.

Will I be able to enter Canada with my work permit? Or is there any other way to do this without having to cancel my trip?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Hi all,

I received my PR application approval email on Feb 24, 2023. IRCC requires a response to this email in order to send me a PR Portal link and copr.

I had planned a trip outside Canada with my family months ago and the dates are March 3-10, 2023.

Will I be able to enter Canada with my work permit? Or is there any other way to do this without having to cancel my trip?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Hi,
I think that as long as the e-COPR is not issued, you're still considered "temporary worker" and therefore you can re-enter Canada with your valid WP.

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Hi all,

Please let me know.

Thanks!
You can go on your trip on open WP as long as eCopr is not issued to you.
As its short trip March 3-10 2023, reply IRCC back once you enter Canada (11th March) with updated details.

Reactions: megh05 and Chasechs

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
Thanks y'all!
I responded to the officer and informed them about my travel plans. They asked me to email them once I was back with proof of my return (boarding pass).

I emailed them as soon as I was back on March 10th. They resent the portal link. It took about 2-3 working days to get my ecopr after uploading my photo and updating my address. I got my eCOPR today :)

Reactions: Jax fan