+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received positive LMO, but...

thenormal

Nov 22, 2009
Found an employer willing to sponsor me through his company, we agreed on a work relationship. I hired a lawyer to deal with all the documentation to be forwarded to Service Canada in April. Received a positive LMO 3 months later (NOC: 6453). BUT...

When my lawyer forwarded me the LMO confirmation stating that my employer's request and contract offer was accepted, i noticed that both my name and my employer's names were misspelled. I informed my lawyer to take care of that, as i didn't want to obviously show up at the port of entry with incorrect documentation, i would likely be kicked out for that.

My lawyer promised me to take care of that and follow up with Service Canada. This was July.

Well, it's been 2 months now and still no answer from immigration services. All they have to do is fix biographical errors. My lawyer says she keeps checking on them but so far no new LMO has been issued.

I find this very strage, and at this point i'm starting to be afraid about my employer pulling the plug anytime soon after getting fed up with waiting...

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks.