+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received portal email while outside of Canada

byab123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I’m currently in the US and my spouse is inside Canada. I just received the first portal email and it says “You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to use the portal. If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal- PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Anyone here was in the same situation? What will they do in this case? Will they issue PPR to let me get a visa? Or will they put my case on hold until canada reopens?

loo1201

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-05-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2021
Your best bet is to reply to the email with every detail possible. Make sure you say that you are still in the US and that your wife is in Canada.

Reactions: byab123

byab123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Your best bet is to reply to the email with every detail possible. Make sure you say that you are still in the US and that your wife is in Canada.
Yeah. That’s what I’m thinking. it would be nice if someone in the group who has been through this can share some insight ; )

Viharpatel123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
I’m currently in the US and my spouse is inside Canada. I just received the first portal email and it says “You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to use the portal. If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal- PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Anyone here was in the same situation? What will they do in this case? Will they issue PPR to let me get a visa? Or will they put my case on hold until canada reopens?
any update? same situation and got same email

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021
Hello guys, did anyone got any luck while out of Canada? I see you guys discussing this in July, I am in same situation currently and above that, I have work permit but no visa to re-enter Canada.

byab123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hello guys, did anyone got any luck while out of Canada? I see you guys discussing this in July, I am in same situation currently and above that, I have work permit but no visa to re-enter Canada.
If you still have a valid permit, you can still enter with an expired visa by land.