+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Passport Submission Request- Can I book tickets ?

Hi101010

Jan 28, 2019
I received Passport Submission Request for the Visitor visa. I have a couple of questions

1. Should I be confident that Visa is approved and buy the return tickets or should I wait till the Passport is back with me with the stamp?

2. I had the itinerary starting May 30 in my application, will the visa be from May 30 th or from the day they stamp it on Passport.

thanks for your help in advance.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I received Passport Submission Request for the Visitor visa. I have a couple of questions

1. Should I be confident that Visa is approved and buy the return tickets or should I wait till the Passport is back with me with the stamp?

2. I had the itinerary starting May 30 in my application, will the visa be from May 30 th or from the day they stamp it on Passport.

I suggest you wait until you get your PP back before booking flights, you don't know how long it will take to get it back. The itinerary you submitted was just your plan, the visa should be from the date it is stamped, you should be able to travel whenever you want to unless there is some restriction applied. Bon voyage.

Hi101010

Jan 28, 2019
I suggest you wait until you get your PP back before booking flights, you don't know how long it will take to get it back. The itinerary you submitted was just your plan, the visa should be from the date it is stamped, you should be able to travel whenever you want to unless there is some restriction applied. Bon voyage.
Thanks.

Hi101010

Jan 28, 2019
Did you got passport request now? Please share your timelines was eligibility checked or just background verification
Yeah I got it yesterday. I did not track the updates on Tracker up till today. But here are high level timeline
Applied Mar 26, Biometrics Request generated immediately. Did Biometrics on Apr 11 and got Passport Submission and Biometrics Validity on 19th Apr.

Reactions: dollarraj

Aether

Apr 13, 2023

I suggest to wait.
In my case, I got my visa approved but it expires before my travel dates (I stated my travel dates in my itinerary). Although in the end I asked for consideration and they re-issued my visa, better wait. Just to be safe.