+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Passport Request Letter for spouse and I, but i'm pregnant and want to know how to add my baby later?

dillydally89

Aug 1, 2023
Hello All,

I received my COPR finally, and i have 25 days left to submit the passport under Express Entry, healthcare draw held in June '23.

We submitted our application on 25th Aug and got the passport request letter on 24th Nov. '23.

However, I am pregnant and due for delivery in Jan '24. (After 2 months).

In our application, we had already mentioned about the pregnancy and also kept funds accordingly for three people.

What is the process from hereon to add our baby after the birth? Do we need a separate visa or just inform IRCC through Webform and they will add the baby to our COPR?

We will only travel after baby is born, and our COPR and IME (Medical) expiry is showing as Aug '24.

Please guide! As we are clueless and can't find anything online, and IRCC has not responded yet either.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I received my COPR finally, and i have 25 days left to submit the passport under Express Entry, healthcare draw held in June '23.

We submitted our application on 25th Aug and got the passport request letter on 24th Nov. '23.

However, I am pregnant and due for delivery in Jan '24. (After 2 months).

In our application, we had already mentioned about the pregnancy and also kept funds accordingly for three people.

What is the process from hereon to add our baby after the birth? Do we need a separate visa or just inform IRCC through Webform and they will add the baby to our COPR?

We will only travel after baby is born, and our COPR and IME (Medical) expiry is showing as Aug '24.

Please guide! As we are clueless and can't find anything online, and IRCC has not responded yet either.
You have to add you child to the application and you essentially somewhat start the processing over again. You will need to get your child’s passport first.