+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received passport request. Is uploading to profile still needed?

Bangkok16

Jun 24, 2015
Hello all!

I tried to search for an answer to my question but it could be case specific so I posted my own dilemma instead. Sorry if there'd been a similar post elsewhere.

I have received the request for passport from the High Commission of Canada in Singapore (where applicants residing in Thailand have to forward their passports).

The request letter is an 8-page pdf, and I have submitted this along with the actual passport and the two photos requested.

Dilemma: The letter stated: "You do not need to upload copies of your passport(s) and photos to your MyCIC account." But going to the list of supporting documents in my MyCIC account, there are two new items that say: Details: Replacement Needed, Document Name: Digital Photo Required, Options: Upload File, and same goes with the passport. And they are both required by June 17, 2017. I waited this long thinking, these blanks will automatically close after I have submitted my actual passport.

So now I'm confused. Why is there an item/slot for me where I could (or maybe should?) upload the files if the letter said I do not need to upload the copies? :(:(:(

I realize that the answer is right in front of me, but I want to make sure and ask for a second opinion, maybe someone out there had received the same letter and has the same requests in their MyCIC account.

Would you suggest that I upload my passport and the two photos?

Thank you all!!! :)