+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received passport and picture Back but no COPR

Harman77

Jun 3, 2018
Did anyone got the reply or reason from IRcc for the same? if any one emailed or raised a Webform?
coz i emailed them and raised a webform on Monday but havent got reply uptill now.....

tomtomtommm

Jul 14, 2019
Hi guys, an update on my case, today I received e-mail saying my PR is completed, I will need to send my photo for PR card. So they skipped physical landing for us.

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
I called IRCC support center on Tuesday. However, the lady from IRCC told me there was not any update on my file, not any note from CPC Ottawa center explaining anything, no record of any COPR ever been issued, nothing. It was a big emptiness there. It was like the passports have arrived at Ottawa but then returned back after two and half months as is, nothing has happened.
I am really worried.

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
anybody has any progress? i do not have any update as my immi lawyer has not followed up with Ottawa.

nj23

May 29, 2020
Dear Sir/Madam

Please be advised your medicals have expired and will be reviewed for extension. You will be contacted further in due course.

Thank you

I received the above response to the web form raised and receiving the passport with no stamping and no copr.

sudhre23

Jun 1, 2020
I called IRCC support center on Tuesday. However, the lady from IRCC told me there was not any update on my file, not any note from CPC Ottawa center explaining anything, no record of any COPR ever been issued, nothing. It was a big emptiness there. It was like the passports have arrived at Ottawa but then returned back after two and half months as is, nothing has happened.
I am really worried.
We got the same reply today which was bizarre.

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
I'm on the same boat, just received returned passport, photos, NO copr. But a letter says "We will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent resident". But my IRCC account shows a valid COPR number until Oct XX.

Seems will need to wait, sigh
Same thing happened to our case. Our passport + photo and document request letter were received on Jun 02 by CPC Ottawa. today I got all things mailed back without CoPR, plus one letter with same reply as yours -- "...We will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent resident ..." . I checked the xpresspost tracking information, this mail was sent out yesterday (Jun 10)

Just checked online accounts status, it became to Complete and added one line " You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on June 10, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident." :D -- seems the landing steps is skipped for my case.

Last edited:

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Hi guys, an update on my case, today I received e-mail saying my PR is completed, I will need to send my photo for PR card. So they skipped physical landing for us.
hello Tomtomtommm, did you meant they sent back the photo with your passport without CoPR and then few days later they asked you send same photo again for PR card?

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
congratulations! same boat, just scared by the letter today.

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Same thing happened to our case. Our passport + photo and document request letter were received on Jun 02 by CPC Ottawa. today I got all things mailed back without CoPR, plus one letter with same reply as yours -- "...We will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent resident ..." . I checked the xpresspost tracking information, this mail was sent out yesterday (Jun 10)

Just checked online accounts status, it became to Complete and added one line " You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on June 10, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident." :D -- seems the landing steps is skipped for my case.
+ Update to the post:
Today I tried use birthday information to link the PR card application to our GCKey accounts and luckly found it really has one PR card application (different application #) started on the same day June 10. we didn't received CoPR email/letter so far, didn't submitted anything after the passport, photos returned on Jun 11.
Does anyone can share what will be next step? shall we be requested to submitted the CoPR (not coming yet) + photo again? or will get PR card directly?

nj23

May 29, 2020
Hi guys, an update on my case, On Friday my application was approved and COPR documents were attached in the application , I will need to send my photo for PR card.