+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received passport and picture Back but no COPR

johnnydest

May 16, 2017
Hello,

let me explain in detail. I've received the PPR on March 3rd, then I've sent a copy of my passport (I am extent to send the real one) and pictures. IRCC received on March 9th, they immediately went back to me to ask for new pictures since the one I sent was wrong. I've sent the pictures and the received on March 17th immediately before the lockdown. I tried to raise 2 webforms to have confirmed they were good but no answer. Then I called the IRCC and they said everything is fine there is just a delay due to COVID 19. Today I received their letter back with only my passport copy and the wrong picture, no COPR inside. I don't really know what's going on

Please help me!

Reactions: Topolino

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
well, I got passports returned today with pictures and etc without PR stamping nor COPR neither. There was not even a note from CTC Ottawa, nothing. I wonder what kind of joke it was. Then I realized it maybe due to my medical results were expired mid April. Clearly it is not your case. Then why?

PPR date: Feb 29
Passports sent inland and received Ottawa: March 16
Passports returned: June 1st, no PR stamping nor COPR

johnnydest

May 16, 2017
Same as me, my PPR was March 3rd that's the difference. Yes, no PR stamping nor COPR. When does the medical will expire?

well, I got passports returned today with pictures and etc without PR stamping nor COPR neither. There was not even a note from CTC Ottawa, nothing. I wonder what kind of joke it was. Then I realized it maybe due to my medical results were expired mid April. Clearly it is not your case. Then why?

PPR date: Feb 29
Passports sent inland and received Ottawa: March 16
Passports returned: June 1st, no PR stamping nor COPR

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
medicals only valid for a year. the question is whether meds expiration is the reason for my PR stamping rejection. i did not get any note from IRCC so i am just guessing. what matters now is what the next step is.

Harman77

Jun 3, 2018
i was in india when i received ppr on 11 MArch. my wife n kids were in canada. i sent my passport to new delhi vfs and got it back with copr n immigrant visa and i landed here on 19th n got Pr activated. my dependents sent the PPs to ottawa and were recieved there on 16th. But today got them back without any copr or stamp. got pp and photos in envelop with stamp of recieved on printout of PPR email. Can any one why did this happened? medicals are valid till 26 July.

tomtomtommm

Jul 14, 2019
I'm on the same boat, just received returned passport, photos, NO copr. But a letter says "We will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent resident". But my IRCC account shows a valid COPR number until Oct XX.

Seems will need to wait, sigh

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
aren't inland applicants directly recieving PR without being issued a visa and copr?
Wondering when the process changed and how we know for sure whether such new process applies to us? I did not get any note nor email telling me what is going on. My On-Line Services status was still DM, not changed to Complete.
I know a person has a note 'meds expired' from Ottawa when getting passports without COPR. From several persons with the similar problems, the reason seems not the same.

susanag3

May 26, 2020
I'm on the same boat, just received returned passport, photos, NO copr. But a letter says "We will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent resident". But my IRCC account shows a valid COPR number until Oct XX.

Seems will need to wait, sigh
I got the same, picture and passport back with the note, but my profile doesn't show any update. My medical exams are not expired. I call them and they said that my COPR was approved but they dont know why it wasnt mailed with my passport.

nj23

May 29, 2020
I had sent my passport on 16th March and I received my passport back on 1st June 2020, However there was no COPR documents and stamping done on my passport. I called CIC customer support this morning , They mentioned that my COPR was printed back in March however since they could not send the passport in march and it has expired on May 7. Hence they did not send the expired COPR and will have to wait for the officer to print new COPR and will be delivered to me either in email or physical copy. It can take months as well as days that was his answer on timeline. SO those who have received their passport back with no COPR you may be in the same boat.