+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received New Passport after ITA

RBCAN

Jul 26, 2017
Hi Seniors,
I had created EE profile with my old passport and have received ITA. Since receiving the ITA I renewed my passport (received a new passport with different passport number).
I took the IELTS with old passport number which is shown on IELTS results as the Candidate ID
For my PCC and medical exam, I used the new passport number.
Before submitting the PR application, I have an option either delete the old passport number or add a new row with new passport details.
I want your advice on what I should do.
If I keep both the Passport details then should I include scan copies of both passports?

Please help

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Delete the old passport and add the new passport details in the application.
You can upload the scanned documents of both your old and new passport pages . Also write a covering letter/letter of explanation, stating that you have renewed your passport and hence sharing your old passport for reference.
I had done the same thing as well

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
You can upload the scanned documents of both your old and new passport pages . Also write a covering letter/letter of explanation, stating that you have renewed your passport and hence sharing your old passport for reference.
I agree with @Marty_ . My spouse had to do the same thing, we got our ITA after his passport expired and he had to obtain a new one. We did exactly what Marty_ said minus the letter of explanation/cover letter. No issues encountered. Congratulations on the ITA!

Reactions: RBCAN

RBCAN

Jul 26, 2017
Thanks for the advice Marty.

Marjeebar

Aug 25, 2017

Hi..
i am encountering the same problem.. i just wanted to clarify one thing though.. i have a new passport. I renewed my old one because when i was computing the approximate time that i would get a PR (hopefully), i would not be able to use the old one because it will be within 6 months before the expiration date, and i will not be able to travel then.. now my problem is that i am on the process of taking 2 documents from one country. The police certificate, i took it with my old passport few months ago. Then i will have to use my new passport to apply for a good conduct certificate that i have been required just recently.. do i have to get another police certificate with my new passport or just include an LOE for this one?

I appreciate your time reading this and more so your insights regarding this..

Thankyou in anvance..

abypatra

Jul 2, 2021
Hi..
i am encountering the same problem.. i just wanted to clarify one thing though.. i have a new passport. I renewed my old one because when i was computing the approximate time that i would get a PR (hopefully), i would not be able to use the old one because it will be within 6 months before the expiration date, and i will not be able to travel then.. now my problem is that i am on the process of taking 2 documents from one country. The police certificate, i took it with my old passport few months ago. Then i will have to use my new passport to apply for a good conduct certificate that i have been required just recently.. do i have to get another police certificate with my new passport or just include an LOE for this one?

I appreciate your time reading this and more so your insights regarding this..

Thankyou in anvance..
Hey, I am encountering the same problem right now! Can you tell me whether your problem was resolved, how did you go about it?