+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received my PR confirmation - now how to activate it with Copr?

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi all,

I received my PR finally (!) i submitted on 23rd December 2019 (EE CEC), so finally received it 3rd June! Whilst I need to get the photos taken and mailed, does anyone know how i can activate the PR within Canada? I have my temporary visa only until 23rd June (2 weeks) so wondering if i'd still need to be 'in status' to activate the PR or not?

Many thanks!

JayTriVedi

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10-09-2019
Doc's Request.
Attchd with application
Passport Req..
14-03-2020
LANDED..........
02-06-2020
Hi all,

I received my PR finally (!) i submitted on 23rd December 2019 (EE CEC), so finally received it 3rd June! Whilst I need to get the photos taken and mailed, does anyone know how i can activate the PR within Canada? I have my temporary visa only until 23rd June (2 weeks) so wondering if i'd still need to be 'in status' to activate the PR or not?

Many thanks!
Does it says you are now a permanent resident or it is just COPR ? If it’s the first one, then you PR now & if it’s just COPR, then you have to do landing first in order to become a PR

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Does it says you are now a permanent resident or it is just COPR ? If it’s the first one, then you PR now & if it’s just COPR, then you have to do landing first in order to become a PR
Thanks for the reply! It's COPR. Would you know how to do the landing whilst in Canada and still during covid?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi all,

Many thanks!
Many CEC candidates are getting their COPR through email without PPR. These emails usually say 'Congratulations, you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada.' and ask you to send the signed COPR along with two of your passport size photos to get your PR card. Did that email ask you to do that? I find it hard to believe that they gave you just COPR and no way to land. Are you able to share the contents of the email? Just redact the parts which have your personal information.

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Apparently due to covid you don't need to land if you're already inland - they activate it for you.
Many CEC candidates are getting their COPR through email without PPR. These emails usually say 'Congratulations, you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada.' and ask you to send the signed COPR along with two of your passport size photos to get your PR card. Did that email ask you to do that? I find it hard to believe that they gave you just COPR and no way to land. Are you able to share the contents of the email? Just redact the parts which have your personal information.
Yes, i got exactly that! It's not letting me insert the image on here but it says "congratulations, youre now a permanent resident" and that this letter can serve as proof for 1 year, until the PR card arrives. It instructs me to mail 1 photo with the specifications, to Hamilton IRCC, and that's it really. I'm an inland applicant already, so I assume they grant the landing for you. I havent been requested to send my passport either, so I'm assuming as it says i'm now a permanent resident that all other steps have been skipped due to covid19, and that I just need to wait for the PR card to arrive. It does say if i need to travel before it arrives that I need to request a specific travel document though. But i think it's wiser just to stick it out until the PR card eventually arrives (apparently 3 months+ is the current processing time for new PR cards...!)

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi all,

Many thanks!
You are a permanent resident, just mail your photo for the PR card and apply for a new SIN and healthcard.

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
We got the same message, we are inland applicants too. Congrats..I’m sure you’re so excited.
Yes, it's been quite a long road to get to this point- very relieved! Congrats to you too! Fingers crossed the PR card comes soon!