+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received my Passport Request but my wife didn't receive hers

Mnt

Nov 18, 2021
Hey everyone, me and my wife applied for a SP + SOWP back in December. I'm the main applicant (SP) and got approved yesterday, receiving my Passport Request, but my wife didn't get any updates on her application.

We submitted together as a family, that's why I'm concerned on why they didn't replied hers.

I have sent an Webform today, and the website said that it takes 2 to 5 days to respond, but after sending it the confirmation message said that it would take 28 days to reply. I have 30 days to send my passport and I wanted to send both mine and my wife's to the VAC.

I think I'll wait until the end of the week to see if they reply our Webform or update her application. If nothing happens I'm considering sending both passports anyway, as it's probably some system notification bug.

Does anyone have seen anything like that before? Every case I saw they replied to both applicants at the same time. Any recommendations on what to do?

sj95

Sep 28, 2022
The same thing has happened to me. Since u went through the same, can u help me out here bro?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Just to comment from my experience and what I've seen in the forum... It's not true that for family applicants, the PPRs arrive at the same time. They could arrive separately (in my case, they did) and they can also have different decisions (meaning, the SP can be approved and the SOWP refused).

Even though the applications "should" be processed together and "should" receive the same decision, they don't always do.