+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form IMM5688) but no Electronic Foil (IMM578

Garves

Nov 1, 2017
Hi, I hope someone here can help

I have received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence document today via the post, and the letter confirms that I will be issued a IMM5688 and an electronic foil (IMM 5785) as I am a British national and so am visa exempt.

However in the post, I only receive the letter and IMM 5688

I do have an electronic foil (IMM5785)

The letter states to contact 'this office' immediately but I have no contact details.

Has anyone had this before? Maybe I am missing something regarding the IMM5785 document?

Thanks in advance

Lauren

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi, I hope someone here can help

I have received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence document today via the post, and the letter confirms that I will be issued a IMM5688 and an electronic foil (IMM 5785) as I am a British national and so am visa exempt.

However in the post, I only receive the letter and IMM 5688

I do have an electronic foil (IMM5785)

The letter states to contact 'this office' immediately but I have no contact details.

Has anyone had this before? Maybe I am missing something regarding the IMM5785 document?

Thanks in advance

Lauren
1. As a visa exempt UK citizen, you don't need/get a counterfoil. All you get is the COPR. The ETA was done automatically.

Garves

Nov 1, 2017
Hi

1. As a visa exempt UK citizen, you don't need/get a counterfoil. All you get is the COPR. The ETA was done automatically.
Hi thanks for the reply.

I understand that I do not receive a counterfoil, however my letter states I should have an electronic foil (IMM 5785), however this document has not been enclosed with what I received in the post. All that was enclosed with the letter was the COPR (IMM5688) document.

Or, from your understanding is the electronic foil (IMM5785) the counterfoil ?

Thanks again

Lauren