+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received medical request

Alius

Oct 28, 2013
Hello, everybody
I have applied for PR through Canadian experience class on november 2013 and may 15, 2014 I have received medical request for my wife and me. So we did it already on may 22, but I didn't receive from immigration a request to pay the fee. As I know three different people who applied same date as we did and they received all together fee request and medical request. So I am kinda worried about it. Is there a chance to get refusal after receiving medical request or no. Cause I paid for my medical and that would be very disappointing to get refusal after it.
Could you, guys, please share your knowledge with me about that.
And one more thing: My current work permit expires on august 21, 2014 so I am looking forward to extend it, but I am not sure how to do it. Today i phoned CIC and they told me to do it on paper NOT online, because there are no applications for Bridging work permit. But I red forums and people did it online so what's up? And one more thing if I do it online there are not enough space for 10 years work experience so I know, that if I would apply on a paper I could print an extra sheet and fill it out, but how would I do it online when you can upload just one form?
Thank you

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
1) Never a good idea to compare your situation with others. At no point did the CIC imply that every case are the same.

2) Emails are system-generated/sent by batches. There's a chance that yours is on queue.

3) You may apply online. It's a big piss-off for me that people in this forum are more knowledgeable than some call center agents. I'm thinking of doing this part-time (being a CIC call center agent).

4) If you apply online, there is an option to upload a letter of explanation. That's where I uploaded my addendum. I work as a consultant hence needed an additional page as well on my work experience.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, it seemed in few cases that people tend to make more mistakes when they try to find more information through CIC call center. Either the applicant misunderstood the conversation, or the agent misinformed about the ever changing rules.

BOWP application should be quite straightforward if you follow the steps given on the group discussion as per below:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t139027.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t147650.0.html