+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received medical request of canada PRand US DV lottery 2014 first letter

mahat

Dec 2, 2012
Three years back 2010 may , i have applied for canada PR under federal skilled catagory and now got medical request letter and passport request. I also got first letter of US DV lottery . Which one is better? can i go simultaneously for both case. According to forum member here , CHC NEW DELHI visa office will take 4- 12 months for visa stamp for passport. And after 5 months, there will be the chances of intreview in US embassy.
Is is possible to return my passport back urgently from CHC New Delhi? If it is , then what will the procedure?
Your valuable suggestion is highly appreciated.
Ramu

Allegra66

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
In my opinion, I would choose the US Visa lottery as there are many more opportunities over there than here in Canada. Obviously, where you choose will be up to you and what it is you are wanting for you and your family. Canada in my opinion, is not all it is cracked up to be. Many skilled immigrants are stuck working rubbish jobs for many years and not able to progress but carry on regardless as they feel they are earning and living a comfortable life. Whilst US economy is not the best at the moment, it would not always remain so. In the US, what I like about it is the fact that your skills and hard work are more valued than they are in Canada. Write out pros and cons of both countries and then make a decision based on informed facts. Good luck!!