+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received medical request despite of submitting Upfront medical information sheet.

Ross_athena

Oct 21, 2022
Hi All,

I have applied for Permanent residency under Inland Spousal Sponsorship class and submitted information sheet for upfront medical examination along with the application (paper application).

I have received AOR last week, Also a request to do the medical examination.
Is it safe to believe that they have not received my information sheet or they are yet to process the upfront medical results.

i have raised a query to IRCC via web form last week itself but have not received any update on the same.

Need Advice/suggestions.
Thanks

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hi All,

I have applied for Permanent residency under Inland Spousal Sponsorship class and submitted information sheet for upfront medical examination along with the application (paper application).

I have received AOR last week, Also a request to do the medical examination.
Is it safe to believe that they have not received my information sheet or they are yet to process the upfront medical results.

i have raised a query to IRCC via web form last week itself but have not received any update on the same.

Need Advice/suggestions.
Thanks
If your medicals have been more than 1 year since they are processing (though was less than 1 year when you applied ), you might be requested to do medicals. Also i wouldn't wait much to send webforms and wait for response rather just deal with doing the medicals and have your application move forward. Again you can have other expert opinion, mine is a suggestion

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
I doubt you need to do it again, cause you're inland. There is this policy in October that medicals done within 5yrs will still be valid. Check if you fit the description. (I think you do)

Ottawa, October 12, 2022—Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented a temporary public policy that exempts certain low-risk, in-Canada, foreign nationals from submitting an immigration medical examination (IME) as part of their application when their previous IME has expired. This supports faster processing of applications to help eligible foreign nationals quickly obtain temporary or permanent resident status.

This exemption applies to foreign nationals who have

• a new or pending application for permanent or temporary residence or a permanent resident visa, made from within Canada
  • completed an immigration medical exam within the last 5 years and posed no risk to public health or safety, or reported to public health authorities for monitoring, as required

Source here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/2022-foreign-exempt-ime.html

Ross_athena

Oct 21, 2022
If your medicals have been more than 1 year since they are processing (though was less than 1 year when you applied ), you might be requested to do medicals. Also i wouldn't wait much to send webforms and wait for response rather just deal with doing the medicals and have your application move forward. Again you can have other expert opinion, mine is a suggestion
Hey,

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Ross_athena

Oct 21, 2022
I doubt you need to do it again, cause you're inland. There is this policy in October that medicals done within 5yrs will still be valid. Check if you fit the description. (I think you do)

Ottawa, October 12, 2022—Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented a temporary public policy that exempts certain low-risk, in-Canada, foreign nationals from submitting an immigration medical examination (IME) as part of their application when their previous IME has expired. This supports faster processing of applications to help eligible foreign nationals quickly obtain temporary or permanent resident status.

This exemption applies to foreign nationals who have

• a new or pending application for permanent or temporary residence or a permanent resident visa, made from within Canada
  • completed an immigration medical exam within the last 5 years and posed no risk to public health or safety, or reported to public health authorities for monitoring, as required

Source here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/2022-foreign-exempt-ime.html
Hey,

Thanks for the information.