+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received medical request after 2 months of applying for study permit

zia kashif

Jul 16, 2019
Hi guys,
I have applied for study visa online on April'19 with medicals done and the status changed to you've passed your medical exam the next day and my medicals was going to expire in June and I didnt receive any update after that and after medicals date has passed I received a request to go through a medical exam. After the medical exam I didnt even submit my medical but on my page the status changed to you have passed your medical exam. Does the diagnostic center send them my medicals? and is this a positive sign to receive a medical exam request and how more time will it take to get original passport request? Please help me with this because my classes will start from sept.
Thankyou

Reactions: Hassan7601

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hey man, so seems like you had your first medical done a while back due to which it expired in June. So when they request a medical exam, you just go to your IOM medical center and get it done and then the clinic forwards your medical results to your respective visa office which is linked with your UMI medical number. That's why you didn't need to upload anything online and it reached them.

Now many say that medical request is a good thing but it does not guarantee a visa for sure but chances are bright so hopefully you hear something soon.

zia kashif

Jul 16, 2019
Hey man, so seems like you had your first medical done a while back due to which it expired in June. So when they request a medical exam, you just go to your IOM medical center and get it done and then the clinic forwards your medical results to your respective visa office which is linked with your UMI medical number. That's why you didn't need to upload anything online and it reached them.

Now many say that medical request is a good thing but it does not guarantee a visa for sure but chances are bright so hopefully you hear something soon.
Today received a correspondence letter stating about biometrics, which I’ve done already so it said about validity and also said I’ll be needing this during my stay in canada, guess this a positive thing and the application is moving further.

Reactions: Hassan7601

tkhan270

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Today received a correspondence letter stating about biometrics, which I’ve done already so it said about validity and also said I’ll be needing this during my stay in canada, guess this a positive thing and the application is moving further.
You will get a decision very soon, 2-3 working days, will most probably be a passport request, IA

TrueLiar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,
Did you end up getting study permit? How much time did it take after medical request?

Regards,