+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received LMO after WP decision

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
Hi! I am just checking on possibilities. My new employer applied for my LMO, and while waiting, I applied for my new Work Permit before the expiry of my existing permit. Now, I am under implied status.

My question is: Assuming I have applied for new WP and I have attached an explanation that the employer already submitted LMO, what if the LMO arrives late (say 2 days from receipt of CPC-Vegreville decison on WP? The CPC will definitely turn down the application because no official LMO was secured and presented to them. In such a case, what do I do? Apply for restoration of status and new WP and that would be another processing times? I mean back to scratch? :-\

bijjayad

Oct 21, 2011
Regdor said:
Hi! I am just checking on possibilities. My new employer applied for my LMO, and while waiting, I applied for my new Work Permit before the expiry of my existing permit. Now, I am under implied status.

My question is: Assuming I have applied for new WP and I have attached an explanation that the employer already submitted LMO, what if the LMO arrives late (say 2 days from receipt of CPC-Vegreville decison on WP? The CPC will definitely turn down the application because no official LMO was secured and presented to them. In such a case, what do I do? Apply for restoration of status and new WP and that would be another processing times? I mean back to scratch? :-\

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
you need to call CIC Hotline and provide them with the Conf# of the LMO. They'll add that to ur file, assuming the LMO is for the employer u named on the WP form THEN IT BE ALRIGHT!!!

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
ae03yy said:
you need to call CIC Hotline and provide them with the Conf# of the LMO. They'll add that to ur file, assuming the LMO is for the employer u named on the WP form THEN IT BE ALRIGHT!!!
Thank you for your reply. I mean, what if the CPC-Vegreville has to decide on my WP application and my employer has not received yet the LMO? Will they deny my application if I would not be able to phone them of the LMOconfirmation number?

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
Thank you for your reply. I mean, what if the CPC-Vegreville has to decide on my WP application (considering the timeline of about 66 days had lapsed, and my employer has not received yet the actual LMO? Will they deny my application if I would not be able to phone them of the LMO confirmation number?

jillyk

Sep 12, 2011
Hi,

I believe that if your work permit is being processed and the LMO has still not arrived then you're application will be rejected.

I am quite new to all this though so please take everyone else's input more seriously.

I know I had my WP application submitted and my LMO was refused very early on so I was advised to apply for another really quickly however it was not quick enough and my WP was rejected.

hope this is some help...