+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA one month earlier

uxmania

May 3, 2016
Hi, I started my job on 24th August 2015 but express entry system takes only the month (not the date) for job start time. Now I received an ITA on 13th July 2015, more than one month before my one year to of employment to date is completed. I am confused whether I can submit my application right away or I should wait until 24th August 2016. Please advice.

Thank you.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Look at the requirements for which program you will apply. E.g. if you will eventually use the Canadian Experience Class program, then you need at least 365 days = 1 full year of exprience. People were rejected, because they did not fulfill this requirement. In this case, I would wait and while you're waiting, you can prepare your files.

How long is the invitation valid?

Alternatively, ask CIC via Case Specific Enquiry what you can do, as you are confused.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
My view wait until September so you have some buffer, waiting a bit longer wont make any difference in expediting anything just makes sure there is the full 12 months. As previous poster said though depends on how long the invitation valid for so that may force the issue of course.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
uxmania said:
Hi, I started my job on 24th August 2015 but express entry system takes only the month (not the date) for job start time. Now I received an ITA on 13th July 2015, more than one month before my one year to of employment to date is completed. I am confused whether I can submit my application right away or I should wait until 24th August 2016. Please advice.

Thank you.
It's strange that you got an ITA. I started my job on August 10, 2015 and my profile is still ineligible. I've been over my profile and am fairly certain this is because I don't yet have 1 years work experience. I will wait until August and if my eligibility is not changed I will create a new profile. It's very odd that some people receive ITA for CEC before they qualify and others don't. I wonder why. ...

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxmania said:

Thank you.
Reject, else you'll be rejected months later.