+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA on May 28, valid days for 60 days or 90 days during this pandemic?

whisperedmeticulous

May 9, 2020
Hi,

I received ITA on May 28, and the inconsistent information provided by IRCC is very confusing.

In the letter of invitation, it says:

"Your invitation is valid for 60 days from the date of this message."

But then it says:

"You must submit a complete application before 08/27/2020 12:00 AM UTC if you want to apply for permanent residence." ( = 3 months)

And the countdown timer on the GC Key was shown 91 days on May 28.

Does anyone have the same situation? Which one is correct?

Thank you very much for your great help. :)

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hi,

I received ITA on May 28, and the inconsistent information provided by IRCC is very confusing.

But then it says:

"You must submit a complete application before 08/27/2020 12:00 AM UTC if you want to apply for permanent residence." ( = 3 months)

The deadline date should be the one in your EE electronic account. The 60 days should be from the original letter format and was not changed.

Apr 22, 2020
Hi,

But then it says:

Hi,

Me too have exactly same confusion :) I got it on the same date and same cut off time for me.

whisperedmeticulous

May 9, 2020
Hi,

I received a reply from IRCC that I sent to IRCC Web Form a week ago.

The agent of IRCC said it's still 60 days.

But the paragraphing is a bit unclear here::oops:

Additional documents and medical examination

You will automatically have 90 days to complete these steps. If you are unable to provide the requested documents or complete the medical examination within this timeframe, the office will allow an additional 90 days. You don't have to contact us to request this extension. Once you are able, please complete the step as soon as possible to avoid delays.

Is it after you submit all the documents and the letter of explanation to explain your missing files, and then you'll automatically have 90 days?

So which means, you still have to submit most of the documents you've collected in the first place, am I reading correctly? Thank you.
:)

----------------------

(Full message from IRCC)

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Your Express Entry invitation to apply is valid for 60 days only. You should start filling out the online form right away so that you can get all the information and documents you need before your invitation expires.

If you do not apply within 60 days and you have not declined the invitation, your invitation will expire and you will need to create a new EE profile and be accepted again in the pool to be considered in future rounds.

Lastly, it is important to provide each document in order for your eligibility to be assessed. However, if you are unable to provide a document from the list, we invite you to upload a detailed letter explaining why you are not providing the document.

You can upload this letter instead of the requested document in order to be able to continue your online application.

Please consult the Apply - Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) page to learn more about the process.

Coronavirus - Immigration application - More time to provide documents

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If the responsible office requested that you provide additional documents, complete a medical examination or give your biometrics, rest assured that your application will not be closed or refused if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus.

Additional documents and medical examination

You will automatically have 90 days to complete these steps. If you are unable to provide the requested documents or complete the medical examination within this timeframe, the office will allow an additional 90 days. You don't have to contact us to request this extension. Once you are able, please complete the step as soon as possible to avoid delays.

Biometrics

Some biometrics collection sites are currently closed. If the site closest to you is closed, we'll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics. You don't have to give your biometrics until the sites reopen. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instructions letter (BIL) indicates that you have 30 or 90 days. You don't have to contact us to request this extension and you don't need a new BIL to make a future appointment. Once the sites start to reopen, make an appointment as soon as possible to avoid delays.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
Wondering if I could submit a copy of the email confirmation for the medical just to complete the docs and write an LOE?

Nov 25 - ITA accepted
Medical appointment on January 28 - but that's just for physical check, the blood and x-ray can only be booked after this as per instruction from the medical appt. Don't think I can get the blood and x-ray appt before the 90 days. Any thoughts?