+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA - IELTS Expiring Soon!

hydtodfw

Aug 18, 2020
Hi All,

I received my ITA on 08/05/2020 and I am currently gathering all documents to submit my application. However, my IELTS will expires on 10/27/2020. Do I need to decline my invite and give a language test again? What if I submit my application before 10/27/2020 (before IELTS expires)? Would the IRCC still ask me to give the test again or reject my application? I am not using any consulting service, however when I asked a couple of consultants - they asked me to give the test again.

Another question - I am unable to get a reference letter from one of my employers, but I have pay stubs, tax receipts, offer letters etc. Would my application suffer because of that?

PLEASE HELP!

Sanjida021990

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-11-2019
Hi All,

I received my ITA on 08/05/2020 and I am currently gathering all documents to submit my application. However, my IELTS will expires on 10/27/2020. Do I need to decline my invite and give a language test again? What if I submit my application before 10/27/2020 (before IELTS expires)? Would the IRCC still ask me to give the test again or reject my application? I am not using any consulting service, however when I asked a couple of consultants - they asked me to give the test again.

Another question - I am unable to get a reference letter from one of my employers, but I have pay stubs, tax receipts, offer letters etc. Would my application suffer because of that?

PLEASE HELP!
1. If you submit your application before your IELTS expire date then it is ok. Every documents including IELTS locked after submission.
2.If you cant manage your reference letter from your employer then you you must attested your reference letter by notary public (lawyer) and attach a letter of explanation (LOE) beside pay slip and others available receipts. it will be ok

I answered from my knowledge, Please recheck and be 100% sure before submission.

Reactions: hydtodfw

hydtodfw

Aug 18, 2020
Thank you @Sanjida021990 !!

So for employer reference - I need to get in touch with a lawyer for attestation? And letter of explanation?

another question - one of the employers - i have an offer letter - it is for my internship - but it has all details - start end date, salary,description and title. - do i still need a reference letter?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi All,

PLEASE HELP!
If you submit your application before the IELTS expires, you don't have to submit another test result. However if you think you may need more time to complete your application, you may want to take the exam early - to avoid stress down the line. As long as you score high enough in the IELTS to have a CRS score above the cut off for the round you were invited, you should be give.

For the job proof, there is a lot of discussion and this on the forums. People seem to have managed. Alternatively, if the experience is not essential, you can move it from work experience to personal history - then you don't need to provide any documents. Basically you only need to show 3 years work experience for maximum points. Any thing above that can be removed. I did not provide documents for my then current job when I applied.

All the best.

Reactions: Sanjida021990

Sanjida021990

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-11-2019
Thank you @Sanjida021990 !!

So for employer reference - I need to get in touch with a lawyer for attestation? And letter of explanation?

another question - one of the employers - i have an offer letter - it is for my internship - but it has all details - start end date, salary,description and title. - do i still need a reference letter?
if you don not have any option to manage ref letter then and only then it is yes.also see aamool's response.
full time paid ref letter is a must. as aamool's says provide only essential job experience letter

hydtodfw

Aug 18, 2020
Thank you @aamool!! That is helpful.
So if I switch around my work experience during this stage of application - it should be okay. That is helpful. I might just do that, because my current job itself is 3 years- so I guess I should be okay.

Another thing to confirm - would’nt my offer letter be sufficient? If it includes all details required - start end dates, salary, job description and title?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Thank you @aamool!! That is helpful.
So if I switch around my work experience during this stage of application - it should be okay. That is helpful. I might just do that, because my current job itself is 3 years- so I guess I should be okay.

Another thing to confirm - would’nt my offer letter be sufficient? If it includes all details required - start end dates, salary, job description and title?
A reference letter from the employer,
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

My advice would be (if you can swing it) to get a specific letter that has all the required elements and importantly has a job description that closely follows the NOC that you choose. This will negate the need of using multiple documents and the questioning of whether your NOC really matches your job. I believe an offer letter leaves gaps - for example, it may show a planned start and end dates, but does not really show how long you worked at the company - to prove that you'll also need pay slips. A properly structured reference letter will let you provide a single document, which should make your and the visa officer's life easier.

But at the end of the day, it's your call. All the best.

hydtodfw

Aug 18, 2020
Thank you SO much @aamool ! This is really helpful. Let me see if I can somehow manage these letters, else I will have to look for alternatives and hope for the best.

So to confirm your earlier point - at this stage when I have received my ITA - I can remove some of my work experience and my application will not be affected right? Like I will put it under "apprenticeship" or some other option under personal history - and it should be fine right? I hope their wont be any inquiry.