+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA but no police clearance

mrwait

Nov 28, 2014
hi guys,

what happens if I receive an ITA but I don't have the police clearance ready or I will not be able to receive them in two months( i have to receive from three countries and I may not be able to get it in time). So can I go ahead to submit an application with out police clearance and submit the police clearance later on....? plz share your opinion .

anishsm

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting....
Nomination.....
Waiting....
AOR Received.
Waiting....
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
mrwait said:
hi guys,

what happens if I receive an ITA but I don't have the police clearance ready or I will not be able to receive them in two months( i have to receive from three countries and I may not be able to get it in time). So can I go ahead to submit an application with out police clearance and submit the police clearance later on....? plz share your opinion .
Apply for police clearance from all countries. Attach the proof of application to your PR application.. and Write a covering letter saying it will take x amount of time and attach it to the application.... that could possibly give you some leeway.... and upload PCCs as and when you get them..

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
mrwait said:
hi guys,

To immigrate to Canada, you and any family members 18 and older must include their police certificates as part of the application for permanent residence, therefore your application is very likely to be rejected if it's not included.

My suggestion is therefore you should begin gathering all the required documents prior to receiving an ITA as you only have 60 days to submit the application from the time of receiving the ITA. Bear in mind that although most Police certificates are valid for one year, the CIC checklist for Express Entry says that they shouldn't be older than 3 months.

Although we can't predict what future CRS scores will receive ITAs in each draw, the trend has been going down, so if you know you're likely to receive an ITA soon; don't wait until you get an ITA before applying for the police certs.

mrwait

Nov 28, 2014
mapleback said:
To immigrate to Canada, you and any family members 18 and older must include their police certificates as part of the application for permanent residence, therefore your application is very likely to be rejected if it's not included.

My suggestion is therefore you should begin gathering all the required documents prior to receiving an ITA as you only have 60 days to submit the application from the time of receiving the ITA. Bear in mind that although most Police certificates are valid for one year, the CIC checklist for Express Entry says that they shouldn't be older than 3 months.

Although we can't predict what future CRS scores will receive ITAs in each draw, the trend has been going down, so if you know you're likely to receive an ITA soon; don't wait until you get an ITA before applying for the police certs.
Thank you so much guys, it was a great help...once again thank you for your valuable time

Bioguy

Feb 5, 2015
Similar situation here. PCC won't be available on time for submission. Anyone else experienced this? What to do?