+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received invitation to apply for PR but COVID

traveler1990

May 9, 2020
Greetings,

I received an invitation to apply for PR through the express entry; I have uploaded all documents but I am unable to move forward as I am missing the medical as the facility doing the medical in my country is closed due to the CODVID-19 and time is about to run out. As a result, I have an incomplete application so I am not seeing anything to pay to complete, Is anyone else experiencing or experienced such an issue or similar? any advice on how to approach this?

Last edited:

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
"If a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required), the applicant should include an explanation with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days. New applications should be promoted in the order they were received, and the org ID should be associated with them when the applicant self-identifies. If the application is still incomplete in 60 days, officers should request the missing documents with an additional 90-day deadline. "

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

traveler1990

May 9, 2020
"If a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required), the applicant should include an explanation with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days. New applications should be promoted in the order they were received, and the org ID should be associated with them when the applicant self-identifies. If the application is still incomplete in 60 days, officers should request the missing documents with an additional 90-day deadline. "

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
Thanks

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Hi I have a question. Do you upload the LOE to each section of the PR application that is missing supporting documents ? and how do you upload these documents (once you have them) later ?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi I have a question. Do you upload the LOE to each section of the PR application that is missing supporting documents ? and how do you upload these documents (once you have them) later ?
1. Yes. Since you’re required to upload a document for each placeholder in your checklist
2. Upload via webform.

Reactions: ash_diaz

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
1. Yes. Since you’re required to upload a document for each placeholder in your checklist
2. Upload via webform.
thank you for your reply. out of curiosity, did you submit your application with missing documents as well ?

Last edited:

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
also, when do they start reviewing applications once missing documents are submitted via web form? I mean, is it after another 90 days or as soon as the application is complete ? if you have any information regarding this, it'll be valuable to know. thanks

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
also, when do they start reviewing applications once missing documents are submitted via web form? I mean, is it after another 90 days or as soon as the application is complete ? if you have any information regarding this, it'll be valuable to know. thanks
think it was mentioned here:

thank you for your reply. out of curiosity, did you submit your application with missing documents as well ?
No.

mancugay

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
In my opinion, as soon as upfront exam is resumed in your country, do it ASAP and upload the document via webform. Dont wait for IRCC request.

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
In my opinion, as soon as upfront exam is resumed in your country, do it ASAP and upload the document via webform. Dont wait for IRCC request.
I am not missing the medical report, that I have. I'm only missing one reference letter from my past employer and I can't collect it as their offices have been closed since mid March :( I got ITA in mid Februrary.