+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received eCOPR, should I withdraw my BOWP application?

maverickss

Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

I've been working in Canada on an employer-specific/closed work permit (LMIA). And now I and my spouse finally got our eCOPR. However, we also applied for a bridging open work permit application too. I have got a couple of questions and would really appreciate it if someone can answer them.
1. Does the eCOPR makes me and my spouse eligible to work for any employer?
2. Should we withdraw our BOWP application now that we have the eCOPR?
2. Will we get any refund for the BOWP application?

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
With eCOPR it’s definitely legal to work. Not sure about questions 2 and 3.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi,

I've been working in Canada on an employer-specific/closed work permit (LMIA). And now I and my spouse finally got our eCOPR. However, we also applied for a bridging open work permit application too. I have got a couple of questions and would really appreciate it if someone can answer them.
1: Yes
2: You can, but it will automatically be cancelled, eventually. Your COPR supercedes any and all temporary visas and status that you might have at the time, due to you becoming a Permanent resident.
3: If you cancel, probably not. If they cancel it, and it hadn't begun processing, then you'll probably get a refund. If they had already started processing it, again probably no refund.

Answers to some of these questions are on the Government of Canada pages, just need to Google.

maverickss

Jan 22, 2021
1: Yes
2: You can, but it will automatically be cancelled, eventually. Your COPR supercedes any and all temporary visas and status that you might have at the time, due to you becoming a Permanent resident.
3: If you cancel, probably not. If they cancel it, and it hadn't begun processing, then you'll probably get a refund. If they had already started processing it, again probably no refund.

Answers to some of these questions are on the Government of Canada pages, just need to Google.
Thanks so much for your inputs!

RojasR

Jan 5, 2022
An applicant can request to withdraw their citizenship application for any reason and at any time before taking the oath of citizenship. Requests to withdraw an application must be done in writing by using the withdrawal request form CIT 0027.

MyBalanceNow

Last edited:

sankarrx

Dec 14, 2014
I have a question for you, my work permit is about to expire in coming april, My PR appication is under process. When did you exactly apply for Bowp?

Jan 25, 2021
Hi,

Hi, I'm in same situation now, what did you do?, did you cancel your BOWP application by yourself?, did you get the refund?
Thanks a lot in advance

maverickss

Jan 22, 2021
I have a question for you, my work permit is about to expire in coming april, My PR appication is under process. When did you exactly apply for Bowp?
Hey, I think by now you might have already applied your BOWP, FWIW I think I applied 3-4 months prior to the expiration date but I don't remember the exact timeline.

Hi, I'm in same situation now, what did you do?, did you cancel your BOWP application by yourself?, did you get the refund?
Thanks a lot in advance
I requested for a refund via the webform and got full refund after a couple of weeks.