+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR- what is Last entry date and orig. entry date

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got email with the scheduled date 4 days after I called CIC, it was on 21 of April and the appointment was for 27 of April.
While reading this forum I was thinking to land at the port of entry as well because I found same information like you but still I gave a try to call for appointment and this way I saved some fuel :)

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Hello,

I had the same situation that you have now. I would suggest to not listen about this amednment process because if you didn't land yet than it's not for you.
Amendment process is for those who recognize issues with their COPR while doing landing or after. But this is for issues not regarding entries dates but for example your name is wrong, place of birth is wrong etc.

On your COPR you have an instruction that if there is something wrong with your COPR than you need to send it back BUT.....

I have several issues on my COPR, my place of birth was wrong and first and last entry was wrong. So I did according to instruction and sent it back.
It took not more than 2 weeks to get COPR back.
What they did correct was my place of birth but not the entry dates. They explained that this dates can be only corrected during landing and it was.
During landing I just told the officer that the dates are wrong and he asked me for stamps from my first entry and last and when I showed it to him, he just put a notice on COPR, that's all.

So don't be scared of it, everything will be ok as long as you will just inform officer during landing about it.

Agreed.
Until unless major issues (name, BOD, PP number, Country), no need to do amendments.
Been there, Done that ;)

madymojara

Dec 12, 2017
Hi My Last entry date is wrong too. But that is the only thing is wrong. what you guys did? can anyone help? thanks

DeeGee1234

Aug 10, 2018
Hi My Last entry date is wrong too. But that is the only thing is wrong. what you guys did? can anyone help? thanks
Hi, could you please share your experience? We plan to go to USA and fly back for the landing. My boyfriend’s date of entry is incorrect as well. Was there any issue during your landing?

Danfon

Sep 7, 2017
Hello,

I had the same situation that you have now. I would suggest to not listen about this amednment process because if you didn't land yet than it's not for you.
Amendment process is for those who recognize issues with their COPR while doing landing or after. But this is for issues not regarding entries dates but for example your name is wrong, place of birth is wrong etc.

On your COPR you have an instruction that if there is something wrong with your COPR than you need to send it back BUT.....

I have several issues on my COPR, my place of birth was wrong and first and last entry was wrong. So I did according to instruction and sent it back.
It took not more than 2 weeks to get COPR back.
What they did correct was my place of birth but not the entry dates. They explained that this dates can be only corrected during landing and it was.
During landing I just told the officer that the dates are wrong and he asked me for stamps from my first entry and last and when I showed it to him, he just put a notice on COPR, that's all.

So don't be scared of it, everything will be ok as long as you will just inform officer during landing about it.
This is just a perfect experience sharing!! 2019 now, they are still concerning this kind of error is common.

Reactions: deeps1987

Trangoo

Jan 7, 2020
Hi all,

i have received COPR letter with an incorrect date of last entry and original date of entry should i send back the documents for correction at CPC Ottawa?
Or the same can be corrected at landing?
I also send a note to IRCC using webform but likely they will respond in 5 business days

any suggestions would be helpful

nataliiaarm

Nov 11, 2021
Hi all,

i have received COPR letter with an incorrect date of last entry and original date of entry should i send back the documents for correction at CPC Ottawa?
Or the same can be corrected at landing?
I also send a note to IRCC using webform but likely they will respond in 5 business days

any suggestions would be helpful

Could you please share what IRCC answered and what did you do in the end? I'm in the same situation now.