+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR - Steps and pitfalls during application

sk179

Feb 26, 2017
Hi,

Received COPR last week; would be submitting passport within few days to get stamping done.

I thought i would quickly summarize the experience of collecting the documents. I believe i had a very messy application, but worked out well in the end.

Hopefully, if any of you is applying for the same, it might help out.

Funds
I showcased funds in 3 accounts.
1. My Savings Bank Account: It had one major transaction making bulk of the amount, after i received ITA. I got a notarized letter on 100 rupee stamp paper saying the funds came from my mother and she does not expect it back
2. FD From my bank account
3. My wife's saving account

Experience
I had showcased 5 companies over period of 7 years, plus a gap of 1 year because of MBA
1. 2 companies gave the letter in required format (my current company plus an older one)
2. 2 companies only gave me date of joining and date of relieving. I attached 3 payslips, plus reference letter from ex-colleagues of the company. These colleagues had also moved away from the company and gave from a new company letterhead
3. 1 company was not in business anymore. I wrote my own experience letter

Police Clearance Certificate
I had stayed in 3 countries over 10 years for extended periods of time. It was easy to get PCC for both India and UK
For 3rd country, I first submitted a letter saying it is very hard to get and while i am still trying, the possiblities are bleak.
Almost 4 months after submission of application, I got a letter giving 1 month to either submit the certificate or the application will be deemed incomplete
While i started the process again with the country, in 1 month i was not able to get this. I asked for yet another extension, and was granted another month
During this period, I did get the certificate.

Finally i received COPR after a week of submission :)

So for all who are trying and do not have all the documents, I would say be honest in your application and ask for extension where required.