+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR - had some questions. PLEASE ANSWER

ioorabh

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Hello All ,

Thankyou for the all support. I was called for Passport sumission last week for express entry and I have COPR with me now. The visa says I can land there by April 2017.

i had a few queries . Please let me know if you can answer the same -

1. The COPR document says destination city as Vancouver . Do I specifically need to land to Vancouver to complete the PR process? I am still looking for a job , what if it is in Toronto? Can I complete the PR process while landing in Toronto or any other Canadian City? Can anyone confirm?

2. Also I heard Quebec has different laws . Can I Work in Montreal with the same PR Card ? As in I am outside Canada as of today. If I get the job in Quebec, can I travel to directly there to complete the PR process ? Please share details or links if any.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
ioorabh said:
Hello All ,

Thankyou for the all support. I was called for Passport sumission last week for express entry and I have COPR with me now. The visa says I can land there by April 2017.

i had a few queries . Please let me know if you can answer the same -

1. The COPR document says destination city as Vancouver . Do I specifically need to land to Vancouver to complete the PR process? I am still looking for a job , what if it is in Toronto? Can I complete the PR process while landing in Toronto or any other Canadian City? Can anyone confirm?

2. Also I heard Quebec has different laws . Can I Work in Montreal with the same PR Card ? As in I am outside Canada as of today. If I get the job in Quebec, can I travel to directly there to complete the PR process ? Please share details or links if any.
You are free to land anywhere except Quebec for PR process unless you are a PNP applicant. Yes you can work in Montreal after getting PR card.

ioorabh

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Thanks a lot for your answer.

1. So I can land anywhere and complete my process. Correct? Can you share any CIC link which says the same.

2 .I think I may get a job in Quebec, Is it possible that I land in Toronto(for example) or any city, complete the process. Give my friend's address who lives in Toront to get my PR card delivered and travel to Montreal via bus etc with COPR approved document ( which acts as a PR card). Once the PR card gets to my delivered within weeks, I travel to collect my card and finally done.

Do you think that works?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
ioorabh said:
Thanks a lot for your answer.

1. So I can land anywhere and complete my process. Correct? Can you share any CIC link which says the same.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-checklist.asp
There is no restriction mentioned here.

2 .I think I may get a job in Quebec, Is it possible that I land in Toronto(for example) or any city, complete the process. Give my friend's address who lives in Toront to get my PR card delivered and travel to Montreal via bus etc with COPR approved document ( which acts as a PR card). Once the PR card gets to my delivered within weeks, I travel to collect my card and finally done.

Yes you can do

Do you think that works?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
ioorabh said:
Thanks a lot! is there a link for the 2nd Point as well? Can you share it if possible?
Here you go.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1113&top=6