+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR - can I extend PR deadline?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All - I am in a similar position where my COPR has expired. I was not able to travel to make a landing due to urgent medical reasons. Have any of you been able to successfully get your copr extended? If yes, please please post here the process or the contact numbers where you called and how you handled it. If I have to start the application process all over again then I probably won't get an ITA because the cutoff score has gone far above my original score. Thanks.
Was this a medical issue that actually meant you were not allowed to travel? If so, did you make IRCC aware of it and provide proof BEFORE your COPR expired?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hello everyone,
I just wanna update here. I called IRCC and they said they have cancelled my old COPR and they will send me instructions to send the passport for extended COPR.
They said I need not to do medicals again
What was the process followed in your case.Pls update us.May be after this corona virus mess up we have to follow the same.

Aman679878

Dec 7, 2018
Hello All - I am in a similar position where my COPR has expired. I was not able to travel to make a landing due to urgent medical reasons. Have any of you been able to successfully get your copr extended? If yes, please please post here the process or the contact numbers where you called and how you handled it. If I have to start the application process all over again then I probably won't get an ITA because the cutoff score has gone far above my original score. Thanks.
sorry for late response

Yes , I filled the web form which is available on the IRCC website and tried calling them to check the status of my request . I was on USA and I had a friend in Canada .
He did a favor to me and he use to call IRCC from his number and conference me in that call .

My email is is Amandeep.eic@gmail.com .
This forum has helped me to at every stage of my application and I would be lucky if I get chance to help someone else.

sspyeye

Aug 2, 2019
Hi Amandeep, can u please update how soon u got the medical request once your medical was expired?
And, after submitting medical , how soon you got the revised PR?Also, for how many months you got the extension?

I am just trying to understand the time- lines for getting the extension?

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Hodanagah

Mar 29, 2018
sorry for late response

Yes , I filled the web form which is available on the IRCC website and tried calling them to check the status of my request . I was on USA and I had a friend in Canada .
He did a favor to me and he use to call IRCC from his number and conference me in that call .

My email is is Amandeep.eic@gmail.com .
This forum has helped me to at every stage of my application and I would be lucky if I get chance to help someone else.
Can you please provide an update on this. Thanks

ellioth

May 1, 2020
Hi all,

I have a COPR that is due to expire in one month. Currently living in the UK, my COPR was issued on 16th March, 2 days before the cut off, therefore I am exempt from travel restrictions and required to enter Canada before the expiry date or risk losing it. I had planned to have a quick soft landing over a weekend in April to authorize my residency and coe back to the UK to pack up my life, sell my home, leave my job and move myself, my partner and our pet over.

Then COVID-19 hit. I don't like to complain because I am so grateful of the opportunity to move to Canada but I have been trying to ask for an extension so I can try to complete everything here which is increasingly difficult during a lock down and travel to Canada safely. I am not getting anywhere with this request and considering the extenuating circumstances worldwide was hoping for a bit of leeway with an extension.

Is anyone else in the same situation or had any success with an extension? What has the process been for yourself?

Reactions: MapleVivi

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Hi all,

I have a COPR that is due to expire in one month. Currently living in the UK, my COPR was issued on 16th March, 2 days before the cut off, therefore I am exempt from travel restrictions and required to enter Canada before the expiry date or risk losing it. I had planned to have a quick soft landing over a weekend in April to authorize my residency and coe back to the UK to pack up my life, sell my home, leave my job and move myself, my partner and our pet over.

Then COVID-19 hit. I don't like to complain because I am so grateful of the opportunity to move to Canada but I have been trying to ask for an extension so I can try to complete everything here which is increasingly difficult during a lock down and travel to Canada safely. I am not getting anywhere with this request and considering the extenuating circumstances worldwide was hoping for a bit of leeway with an extension.

Is anyone else in the same situation or had any success with an extension? What has the process been for yourself?
You can still do a soft landing only difference is it will take two weeks instead of a weekend but you will have your PR in the bag. If you choose not to travel no one knows how IRCC will view it because they have not published their policy which frankly is not very helpful to someone in your position. Worse case would be that you have to reapply because you could of travelled before your COPR expired and you didn't. Air Canada are currently bragging on thier website that they are providing flights to all Provinces, may be they are receiving gov support to do so? Either way it would be difficult to say you couldn't come to Canada unless your home country has stopped flights which the UK have not.