+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR but not able to travel as wife is pregnant

Jaspreet755

Dec 30, 2018
Hi All,

I have received my COPR, with expiry date 20th June 2019 but my wife is pregnant ( 7th month) due to which i am thinking about the best way to immigrate to Canada. I have 3 options in front of me as mentioned below, I request you to help me in guiding for the best option

1. Me and my wife (can travel till 7 month of pregnancy) will travel to Canada for short duration in January, completes the PR formalities, come back to India, conducts the delivery in India,apply for his dependent/sponsor visa & then after the visa of child, we will travel together again. In this case the child will not be having a PR, and I am not sure about the loss of benefits baby will incur.

2. Me ( Leave without pay) and my wife ( maternity leave) travel to Canada permanently in January ( Neither we have any jobs nor any relatives in Canada, thus have to make all arrangements for living on our own) have a baby delivered in Canada ( Health Insurance plan card takes 3 month so need to bear all the pregnancy expenses, which is very expensive min 10K dollors, if complications occur then 20K dollar,) then come back to India to complete the formalities of Indian company for release and then again travel back.

3. Have baby delivered in India ( expected date of delivery 31st March) then update the CIC about the new born child, submit all the required documents, wait for CIC if they provide COPR for child for the same date as us( 20th July,2019). But don't know what is probability of the same and need clarity on below questions:-Will it be extended?
how much more time it will take to issue the same?
do we have to do medical again?
I didn't find any specific guidelines on how many days early ( from the expiry date) we need to inform CIC about the birth of child so that he will be given COPR for the same date as ours.

I request you all to kindly help us in taking the right decision. Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.Thanking You.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I have received my COPR, with expiry date 20th June 2019 but my wife is pregnant ( 7th month) due to which i am thinking about the best way to immigrate to Canada. I have 3 options in front of me as mentioned below, I request you to help me in guiding for the best option

1. Me and my wife (can travel till 7 month of pregnancy) will travel to Canada for short duration in January, completes the PR formalities, come back to India, conducts the delivery in India,apply for his dependent/sponsor visa & then after the visa of child, we will travel together again. In this case the child will not be having a PR, and I am not sure about the loss of benefits baby will incur.

2. Me ( Leave without pay) and my wife ( maternity leave) travel to Canada permanently in January ( Neither we have any jobs nor any relatives in Canada, thus have to make all arrangements for living on our own) have a baby delivered in Canada ( Health Insurance plan card takes 3 month so need to bear all the pregnancy expenses, which is very expensive min 10K dollors, if complications occur then 20K dollar,) then come back to India to complete the formalities of Indian company for release and then again travel back.

3. Have baby delivered in India ( expected date of delivery 31st March) then update the CIC about the new born child, submit all the required documents, wait for CIC if they provide COPR for child for the same date as us( 20th July,2019). But don't know what is probability of the same and need clarity on below questions:-Will it be extended?
I didn't find any specific guidelines on how many days early ( from the expiry date) we need to inform CIC about the birth of child so that he will be given COPR for the same date as ours.

I request you all to kindly help us in taking the right decision. Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.Thanking You.
Hi

Option 3. Expect several months of processing to add the child. IRCC will request your COPRs/passports back and issue new documents to all of you. Depending on how long the additional processing takes, they may extend your medicals or request new ones.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi All,

You can go with Option 3 but your COPR will be revoked and you won't get a new one for all three of you for a few months. It's the cheaper option in the long run.

Reactions: Jaspreet755

Jaspreet755

Dec 30, 2018
Hi

Option 3. Expect several months of processing to add the child. IRCC will request your COPRs/passports back and issue new documents to all of you. Depending on how long the additional processing takes, they may extend your medicals or request new ones.
Hi,
I just researched and find that in Alberta, You are covered for health insurance if you are eligible. Also once the documents are submitted you will get your health card within 5 days. I need to submit identity document (Will my passport will suffice) and residency document ( Any utility bill with my name and address mentioned - Don't know how fast i can get this residency document).

There is requirement of staying 183 days otherwise have reimburse the expenses.

Also on COPR landing city is written as Toronto, Can I land in Calgary, This will not be a problem right?

Will this option be good than 3 option.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I just researched and find that in Alberta, You are covered for health insurance if you are eligible. Also once the documents are submitted you will get your health card within 5 days. I need to submit identity document (Will my passport will suffice) and residency document ( Any utility bill with my name and address mentioned - Don't know how fast i can get this residency document).

There is requirement of staying 183 days otherwise have reimburse the expenses.

Also on COPR landing city is written as Toronto, Can I land in Calgary, This will not be a problem right?

Will this option be good than 3 option.
You have to be prepared to establish you home there and stay for at least 183 days if not you can be asked to pay back all the expenses. Alberta is very aware that many pregnant women deliver in Alberta but don't intend to stay in Alberta so you have to be very careful. They also don't guarantee that you will have coverage right away they say "might". It would be a lot less expensive to have your child in India and then resubmit your COPRs with a change in family composition. You don't even need to do a soft landing.

Eligible residents
You are eligible for Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) coverage if you are:

• legally entitled to be or to remain in Canada and make your permanent home in Alberta
  • committed to being physically present in Alberta for at least 183 days in a 12-month period
  • not claiming residency or obtaining benefits under a claim of residency in another province, territory or country
  • any other person deemed by the regulations to be a resident or temporary resident, not including a tourist, transient or visitor to Alberta
Moving from outside Canada
If you are moving, immigrating, or returning to Alberta from outside Canada, you might be eligible for coverage from the date establish residency in Alberta.

You must apply within 3 months of establishing residency and provide all the required documents.

If your AHCIP application is not received within 3 months of when you arrive and establish permanent residency in Alberta, the effective date of your coverage will be determined when your application is processed. Learn how to apply for AHCIP.

If you have an immigration document from Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, you might be eligible for AHCIP coverage. Your eligibility depends on:

• the type of entry document you have
  • any restrictions listed on the document
  • the length of time allowed in Canada
  • your commitment to live in Alberta for 12 consecutive months

Reactions: tobs

Jaspreet755

Dec 30, 2018
Hi

Do in any case (apart from rejection) I have reapply for my application?
So if they will not able to process the update about new born, what will happen.. only we have do medical again right ..nothing else we have to do again right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do in any case (apart from rejection) I have reapply for my application?
So if they will not able to process the update about new born, what will happen.. only we have do medical again right ..nothing else we have to do again right?
Besides some updates forms, no, you don't need to do anything again.

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Hi All,

Hi Jaspreet,

I know the situation is quite tense for you, But i would like to congratulate for the new baby arrival. be ready to enjoy the parenthood at full and enjoy this time.

Regarding your option 1 , 2 or 3, I would recommend you to take care of your wife health on highest priority before opting on any conclusion.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi

Go for option 3
It does not take several months to add a newborn. I added my newborn after AOR and before ppr. I got ppr in around 4.5 months. Here also it should not take that much. Especially for a new born kid they don’t even do Security or criminality. Its just the medicals and that’s it. It should not take that long. In fact I know someone on this forum itself. In her case it took just a month for them to issue a new ppr. She added newborn after ppr.

rohitcem

Feb 11, 2019
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
SO HOW DID IT GO? I AM IN SIMILAR SITUATION AND NEED GUIDANCE.

Hi All,

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
How much time is given to the applicant to add the newborn baby ? for instance for a schedule A ADR I was given 7 days, its mission impossible if someone is given the same time to add the baby as passport can take up to 12 days to delivered.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
How much time is given to the applicant to add the newborn baby ? for instance for a schedule A ADR I was given 7 days, its mission impossible if someone is given the same time to add the baby as passport can take up to 12 days to delivered.
Depends on the VO. It's never as short as 7 days.

Reactions: Abdelilah