+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR but never got PPR

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
Hello,

Because of Covid situations, the landing offices are closed and I think because of the same reason I received my COPR via email, but there have been no changes on my express entry profile.

I submitted my application under CEC on Jan 6, 2020 and received COPR on May 27. I was asked to send a picture for PR card but wasnt asked to send the passport, now my question is how would I apply for PRV?

There is no information available on the official website as such.

Experts please help.

If u need more information, please email

Thankss

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Because of Covid situations, the landing offices are closed and I think because of the same reason I received my COPR via email, but there have been no changes on my express entry profile.

I submitted my application under CEC on Jan 6, 2020 and received COPR on May 27. I was asked to send a picture for PR card but wasnt asked to send the passport, now my question is how would I apply for PRV?

There is no information available on the official website as such.

Experts please help.

If u need more information, please email

Thankss
I suggest you read the email again. This is how they are landing people in Canada. You don't need a visa because you are now a PR.

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
So how will I apply for the visa now since I have never received passport request, I was planning on traveling once the pandemic is over but would not be able to come back as my trv expires in july.
I am confused.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
The PRTD visa is for people landing in Canada for the first time, it doesn't apply to you as you're already in Canada. :)

You'll receive your PR card, once you have that you can travel to and from Canada freely.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Read the email again. Your TRV is no longer valid because you are a PR. You can travel using your PR card.

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
But when Im reentering Canada from outside the border, would I not need any visa stamps on my passport, as I am an Indian passport holder currently

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But when Im reentering Canada from outside the border, would I not need any visa stamps on my passport, as I am an Indian passport holder currently
Seriously, READ the email and previous posts. You are a PR; PRs don't need TRVs. You will get your PR card. If you need to travel before getting your PR card, you will apply for a PRTD.

Reactions: sumitkamboj88