+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received BOWP > Question about TRV stamp process?

sooperdice

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
28-07-2015
Hi all,

I received the BOWP in the mail the other day.
I wanted to ask about the temporary resident visa stamp in the passport.
My current visa expires at the end of October. Obviously I want to get a new one which I assumes expires at the same date as the new open work permit.

To anyone who has done this process, what do i do next? Do I apply again on-line for the TRV? If so, which form do i use? There seem to be multiple versions of the IMM5257 form. Slightly confused as to which I use.
Or is there another process.

I am currently living and working in Toronto, moving to a new employer with this new permit.

Thanks!

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
sooperdice said:
Hi all,

My current visa expires at the end of October. Obviously I want to get a new one which I assumes expires at the same date as the new open work permit.

To anyone who has done this process, what do i do next? Do I apply again on-line for the TRV? If so, which form do i use? There seem to be multiple versions of the IMM5257 form. Slightly confused as to which I use.

I am currently living and working in Toronto, moving to a new employer with this new permit.

Thanks!
You will only need a TRV if you plan to leave Canada at any point (other than US). The application can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

There is just one IMM5257 form. THe other is a Schedule 1 form with the same form number :)

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
sooperdice said:
Hi all,

Yes you will have to apply online the same way you did BOWP. When you log into myCIC account, you will have a check list of documents to be uploaded. Once the TRV is approved, you will receive a letter in myCIC account requesting for passport. Send the print out of the letter along with the passport to the address mentioned in the letter. You will receive your passport back with the visa stamp.

Thanks!

sooperdice

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
28-07-2015
Thanks!

I'm wondering if i should've sent this application along with my BOWP now.

scorpio25

Aug 18, 2014
Hi sooperdice ,

Can you please guide me for applying BOWP? can you name the exact checklist and also please name what are all the other documents we need to upload for BOWP? I am still waiting for my AOR and want to be ready to apply for bowp. I am a bit confused with CIC website. Please let know ..Thank you

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
sooperdice said:
Hi all,

Thanks!
hi Sooperdice,
Congrats on the approval of your BOWP.
just wondering when did you apply and the manner of application.
I applied Aug6 via onlince and still no news from CIC if mine is approved or not.
Applicants of Aug4 have already received results in their CIC account Aug14 and Im a bit of anxious why I still have no news yet.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
scorpio25 said:
Hi sooperdice ,

Can you please guide me for applying BOWP? can you name the exact checklist and also please name what are all the other documents we need to upload for BOWP? I am still waiting for my AOR and want to be ready to apply for bowp. I am a bit confused with CIC website. Please let know ..Thank you
Hi Scorpio,

here is the guide:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

if you are applying online, you need the following documents to be uploaded in your MyCIC account

APPLICATION FORM (Required)
IMM5710E - Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
marriage license/certificate
passport/travel document
proof of medical exam (if applicable)
digital photo

OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS
Schedule1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada
letter of explanation (you may include a copy of your AOR, Work Permit, etc)

Hope it helps.
Goodluck.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
sooperdice said:
Thanks!

I'm wondering if i should've sent this application along with my BOWP now.
No you can not apply along with BOWP application. You need BOWP to apply for TRV. Once you receive your BOWP, you are required to upload the BOWP scanned copy in the TRV application.