+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Biometric Collection Letter then Refusal on the same day

Anon2018

Sep 23, 2018
Hi guys,

As the title already says, today I received an invitation to go to the nearest VAC to give my fingerprints and then, on the same day I received a refusal because the Declaration of Common Law document was missing.

Is this normal?
I uploaded multiple documents stating that I am in a common law relationship but I forgot the declaration.

My questions are:

1. Any chance to send this one missing document at this stage or do I have to reapply?
2. In case I am not able to reapply do I have to cancel my invitation for biometrics?
3. Can I reapply from my already existing account?
4. Does the declaration of common law have to be notarized in a Canadian embassy or can I do it in my own country

Thank you in advance!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi guys,

As the title already says, today I received an invitation to go to the nearest VAC to give my fingerprints and then, on the same day I received a refusal because the Declaration of Common Law document was missing.

Is this normal?
I uploaded multiple documents stating that I am in a common law relationship but I forgot the declaration.

My questions are:

1. Any chance to send this one missing document at this stage or do I have to reapply?
2. In case I am not able to reapply do I have to cancel my invitation for biometrics?
3. Can I reapply from my already existing account?
4. Does the declaration of common law have to be notarized in a Canadian embassy or can I do it in my own country

Thank you in advance!
@scylla ??

Anon2018

Sep 23, 2018
I just feel bad that my application got rejected because of one missing paper. I thought I would have a chance to add this document if it was missing. I would be grateful if somebody could help me by letting me know what is the best thing to do in this situation.

If it is to reapply, I will do it,

Klairda198813

Jan 15, 2020
I just feel bad that my application got rejected because of one missing paper. I thought I would have a chance to add this document if it was missing. I would be grateful if somebody could help me by letting me know what is the best thing to do in this situation.

If it is to reapply, I will do it,
Hello! I have a similar problem. I received the letter requesting collection of biometrics and then on the same day the status in my application appeared as 'cancelled as incomplete' but i have not received any refusal letter yet or any message explaining what is missing. Would it be possible for you to share how you managed to solve your problem?