+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ATIP notes for Mother Visitor Visa, need expert suggestion regarding application

kingwajeeh

Jan 31, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Today I received Caps notes for my mother Visitor visa application, I applied her application on 24th August 2020. Please need a suggestion weather I should keep the application or withdraw and reapply again with new Covid19 thanks in advance.

Rich (BB code):

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Today I received Caps notes for my mother Visitor visa application, I applied her application on 24th August 2020. Please need a suggestion weather I should keep the application or withdraw and reapply again with new Covid19 thanks in advance.

Rich (BB code):

They would be assessed the same so not sure why you would withdraw.

Edna179452

Jan 10, 2020
It will make a difference because that was the essence of introducing this COVID 19 platform in the first place . They are prioritizing family members now

ouahmed611

Feb 10, 2021
Hi,
Shooting an email and claiming that your travel is essential with an appropriate statement and proof might also help. The COVID-19 as a reason for travel in the form IMM5257 was introduced in late October 2020, I guess, applicants applied before that were required to send an email and request to prioritize their application by meeting the criteria of exemption from travel restriction.

See this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/visa.html

kingwajeeh

Jan 31, 2012
I emailed in ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca and received the following reply,

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

Based on our review of the information you have provided and the information in our system, you do not have a valid Canadian travel document (electronic travel authorization [eTA] or visitor visa), which you need for air travel and entry to Canada. Foreign nationals who are exempt from the travel restrictions must continue to meet all travel document requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations.

Therefore, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions.

Please review the section How COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC on our website for information on how to apply for valid travel documentation. An officer will assess if you qualify for an exemption at the same time that your application for a visa or eTA is processed.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada