+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received AOR but mailing address on ECAS Application Status is different than the one I used in my application

limits

May 13, 2015
In the citizenship application, I wrote my home address and then ticked 'Yes' to the checkbox that says 'Is the mailing address the same as the home address?'.

I just received my AOR recently so I decided to check the status of my application online. The status of my application shows up correctly as 'Application Received' and my Home Address is correct. However, my mailing address is different from my Home Address. It is an old address that I used to live in that was never mentioned in my citizenship application.

There is an option to update the mailing address on ECAS so I am wondering if I should do that?

Thanks for the help!

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hello @limits and @callaway73 , Please let me know if you received a separate email on AOR or the status in "ecas" got updated as "application received"

My status also shows as "Application Received" but no email yet

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
In the citizenship application, I wrote my home address and then ticked 'Yes' to the checkbox that says 'Is the mailing address the same as the home address?'.

I just received my AOR recently so I decided to check the status of my application online. The status of my application shows up correctly as 'Application Received' and my Home Address is correct. However, my mailing address is different from my Home Address. It is an old address that I used to live in that was never mentioned in my citizenship application.

There is an option to update the mailing address on ECAS so I am wondering if I should do that?

Thanks for the help!
Was it an address on your PR application?

_Liz_

Jul 4, 2020
Same happened to me. I checked my ECAS status and my mailing address was different than the home address, even though the address under mailing was never mentioned on my citizenship application. I think it's the address that I was living in during my PR application.