+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received allowed to leave Canada form on visitor visa how will it effect my express entry profile

GetToCanada91

Aug 7, 2019
I was crossing the border to Canada from road few days back with an intention to either attend a three month course or if not to drive my car (plates were expired needed to get new one) back to USA and head to my home country and return back to Canada once my express entry process completes. I have a visitor visa and have been to Canada for many times before, due to some professional and personal issues i had to stay in Canada for last 5 months with my brother. Border officials questioned me, took an interview, asked about financials i wasn't expecting these many questions and hours of waiting, the conclusion was there were sending me back most likely back to USA. i was saying if not for the course let me go and get my car and luggage, then the male officer shift ended and the lady took my file he was cranky from start and on different tone asked me if i worked there, i know it is illegal but of out of boredom i tutored a student and worked as a delivery driver for few times. i admitted to officer about tutoring but not the other one as she was checking my phone i didn't delete few old chats and the story continued as previously informed they gave me allowed to leave form. I was hoping to know how badly would it effect my express entry application when i submit the documents after getting the invitation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was crossing the border to Canada from road few days back with an intention to either attend a three month course or if not to drive my car (plates were expired needed to get new one) back to USA and head to my home country and return back to Canada once my express entry process completes. I have a visitor visa and have been to Canada for many times before, due to some professional and personal issues i had to stay in Canada for last 5 months with my brother. Border officials questioned me, took an interview, asked about financials i wasn't expecting these many questions and hours of waiting, the conclusion was there were sending me back most likely back to USA. i was saying if not for the course let me go and get my car and luggage, then the male officer shift ended and the lady took my file he was cranky from start and on different tone asked me if i worked there, i know it is illegal but of out of boredom i tutored a student and worked as a delivery driver for few times. i admitted to officer about tutoring but not the other one as she was checking my phone i didn't delete few old chats and the story continued as previously informed they gave me allowed to leave form. I was hoping to know how badly would it effect my express entry application when i submit the documents after getting the invitation.
You decided to violate immigration law because you got bored?

You will need to fully declare the illegal work and the refused entry when you apply for PR.

GetToCanada91

Aug 7, 2019
Hi

What do you mean i have declare my refused entry? wouldn't they know it as i was informed it would be on my file.
also where and when i would declare this said illegal work if at all in the application process. So you would like me to declare that i tutored a student twice a week math and programming for two months privately.

So if and when i get letter of invitation i need to submit more documents, because on cic website, i didn't see a section to submit the two things which you just said when i completed my profile maybe a year back.

I was asking for an advice on how it would effect in future and not why i did what i did because it is done and i made a mistake. I have been there around six months with my brother for a personal reason i cannot divulge in a public forum, sitting there all alone in house when till that point you were a busy researcher there comes a saturation point.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

What do you mean i have declare my refused entry? wouldn't they know it as i was informed it would be on my file.
also where and when i would declare this said illegal work if at all in the application process. So you would like me to declare that i tutored a student twice a week math and programming for two months privately.

So if and when i get letter of invitation i need to submit more documents, because on cic website, i didn't see a section to submit the two things which you just said when i completed my profile maybe a year back.

I was asking for an advice on how it would effect in future and not why i did what i did because it is done and i made a mistake. I have been there around six months with my brother for a personal reason i cannot divulge in a public forum, sitting there all alone in house when till that point you were a busy researcher there comes a saturation point.
You still need to declare the refusal in the app. .

I don't want you to do anything and don't particularly care what you do. You are legally required to declare your illegal work.

A profile is basic information. You will need to declare it all when you fill out the actual PR app.