+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received AIP but still going to defer wnter intake.

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Is there anyone here who is in the same boat as me that already has an AIP but still going to defer to winter intake?

fdd123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
They rarely reject in stage two unless you have criminal background or fail medical/biometrics. I have a feeling they are likely to make international students exempt if they get approved before September 15.

Mohamedji

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Hi, I was studying abroad, and I applied online abroad, and I wrote my residence address for abroad, now, I returned to my country, should I update my residence address to where I am now through the web form (they say in web form, if you applied through Visa office) , or it is unnecessary for online application?

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
hi i
Is there anyone here who is in the same boat as me that already has an AIP but still going to defer to winter intake?
hi i am planning to defer to winter sem as well, i submitted complete application on march but received AIP, that too on a email reply after raising an webform. i'm a little skeptical about the stage 2 as well. why would they initiate a two stage approval system if international students are restricted to travel anyways?

mga20

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
20-07-2020
While it is an individual's personal decision to make, do consider the fact that IRCC representatives (in webinars) have clarified repeatedly that a second stage refusal is rare and only in certain specific circumstances i.e. one having a severe medical condition and second falsified documents or criminal activities (associated with an outlawed group or a spy, etc.).

Reactions: JkAery

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hi, I was studying abroad, and I applied online abroad, and I wrote my residence address for abroad, now, I returned to my country, should I update my residence address to where I am now through the web form (they say in web form, if you applied through Visa office) , or it is unnecessary for online application?
Yes you should update them so that if you get a passport request email, it will have the appropriate instructions for your country of residence.

Ppun

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Guys if we decide to defer to jan 2021 after getting AIP then do we need to provide letter of explanation explaining why we deferred like slow internet, timezone difficult and etc to IRCC or just new LOA will do?

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Guys if we decide to defer to jan 2021 after getting AIP then do we need to provide letter of explanation explaining why we deferred like slow internet, timezone difficult and etc to IRCC or just new LOA will do?
That’s really my another concern. That’s why I’m afraid of deferring for january but I’m also afraid of wasting money if I get refusal.